U-HE Hive

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please tell us more about Hive.
That Video on U-HE website is too short.

Some Sound Demos would be fine.

Greeds
VirusTI82 from Germany :wink:
Scotty's Arrival

i second this! please mr. heckmann!
Lenovo IdeaPad U330p Win8.1 Pro x64 | Ableton Suite 9.1.5 x32 | Some Synths

Almost there, almost there…

The architecture is very simple, almost obscenely average:

2 osc, 2 subosc, 2 multimode filters, 4 envelopes, 2 lfos, 8 effects

Every parameter is accessible on a single page. No tabbing. In comparison to, say, the S-synths, we have stripped down two of the four oscillators to suboscillators. These are however essentially as capable as the normal oscillators, but they inherit settings from their master oscillator. This allows us to reduce the number of knobs dramatically while keeping the sonic flexibility pretty much on par with the usual suspects.

Need to know more?

Urs wrote:Almost there, almost there…

Every parameter is accessible on a single page. No tabbing. In comparison to, say, the S-synths, we have stripped down two of the four oscillators to suboscillators. These are however essentially as capable as the normal oscillators, but they inherit settings from their master oscillator. This allows us to reduce the number of knobs dramatically while keeping the sonic flexibility pretty much on par with the usual suspects.

Need to know more?
Yes. Sorry if you've covered this before but:

Size of mod matrix?
Effects as mod destinations?
Stacking & Unison?
Effect chain re-order-able? sorry :)
Envelopes as punchy/fast as Sylenth1?
Envelope curve changeable?

Lastly an important feature request. What ever the analog button in presswork is doing, put it on this synth. Extra points for a strength knob to multiply it's effect even further.

This is a popular sound for dance guys and not everyone knows how to achieve it. It will be good to have it directly on the synth :)
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Need to know more?
Release date? Number of presets? Price? Can the $25 coupon be used to purchase?

cwig wrote:

Need to know more?
Release date? Number of presets? Price? Can the $25 coupon be used to purchase?
I believe Urs is aiming for December for release/beta. I also believe Urs said he would find a way to accommodate people who wanted to use the $25 voucher on Hive should it not be available for purchase in time, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Urs wrote:The architecture is very simple, almost obscenely average
Why do we treat "simple" as to reproach ?

SIMPLE IS THE NEW SOPHISTICATED :tu:

Ok everybody... TAKE (p)HIVE ! (before release)

:D
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Need to know more?
Will there be quality settings similar to DIVA ?
Andy is a support ninja.

For what? If it takes half the CPU Sy... does for a similar patch, it should run on every 10 year old dual core without even battering the CPU much. :)

Or, those with slightly beefier machines, could potentially stack/layer a ton of instances instead.

Prepare to be assimilated into the Hive!

could potentially stack/layer a ton of instances
The ability to programme and save multitimbral patches would be a neat trick.

Aiynzahev wrote:Lastly an important feature request. What ever the analog button in presswork is doing, put it on this synth. Extra points for a strength knob to multiply it's effect even further.

This is a popular sound for dance guys and not everyone knows how to achieve it. It will be good to have it directly on the synth :)
It's not really necessary to implement "all" of what's inside the analog function within Presswerk but I do agree that the effect is important and should be implemented.

For achieving the effect try this:

- open a phaser (I use Uhbik-P in 28 or 42 mode for this) with many notches (the more notches the intense the effect)
- set modulation depth to 0 so it will be static
- set dry/wet to 100% wet
- feedback to minimum or neutral
- center frequency to max and slowly bring it down to "center" the effect and Voila! that "farty" bass or smudged/blured transients

3ee wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:Lastly an important feature request. What ever the analog button in presswork is doing, put it on this synth. Extra points for a strength knob to multiply it's effect even further.

It's not really necessary to implement "all" of what's inside the analog function within Presswerk but I do agree that the effect is important and should be implemented.

For achieving the effect try this:

- open a phaser (I use Uhbik-P in 28 or 42 mode for this) with many notches (the more notches the intense the effect)
- set modulation depth to 0 so it will be static
- set dry/wet to 100% wet
- feedback to minimum or neutral
- center frequency to max and slowly bring it down to "center" the effect and Voila! that "farty" bass or smudged/blured transients
Yeah it could be done with just a phaser like some other synths. But that result varies and it's not always what I'm after. It all depends on how it sounds. But again if it's a button more people are likely to find it. That phaser trick is not something everyone knows.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

use a allpass filter at right freq
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

chk071 wrote:For what?
To get a divine mode.
Andy is a support ninja.

Return to “u-he”