Gforce introduces the new oddity version 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oddity2

Head over to the gforce website to check it out.

patchhunter wrote:Head over to the gforce website to check it out.
Maybe you could assist with a link?

http://www.gforcesoftware.com/

patchhunter wrote:Head over to the gforce website to check it out.
never thought i'd use that expression but i just wet myself. looks fantastic :love:

Sounds good. I have too many synths already, don't know if I can resist.

OMG! (I've never used that shorthand anywhere, web texts, nothing). Shut up! Give it.

Obvious questions: did they update it with 0dfb filters? Circuit modeled?
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Polyphonic! SubOsc! New filter modes! Mono Legato and Polyphonic modes! XLFO and XADSR!

They Minimonstered the Oddity...

They should make it sound like real odyssey with new techniques instead IMHO YMMV ETC
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Looks good and sounds even better :) Some of those demos spread that vintage atmosphere, very nice :) Seldom felt that with any other software synths.
On the beat pattern for instance sounds awesome :) Slow funk groove as well... The next as well, gee, they all sound so funky, perfect for black music.

I hope it doesn't have 0df filters, else it would use too much CPU for me. I wonder how readable the gui is in its actual size...

lots of changes... I'm sure it'll sound great- gforce synths DO.
but there is NO mention about changes to the preset management, and for me, that's the main thing that's kept me from doing more with the Oddity.

penguinfromdeep wrote:Obvious questions: did they update it with 0dfb filters? Circuit modeled?
I wouldn't care as long as it sounds good. :P

blortblort wrote:lots of changes... I'm sure it'll sound great- gforce synths DO.
but there is NO mention about changes to the preset management, and for me, that's the main thing that's kept me from doing more with the Oddity.
Yeah I was surprised by this. Somewhere it even said it comes with something like 1400 presets! So let's see, 64 presets per bank... hmmm so all these presets are loaded via 22 banks? Yikes.

The user interface is also really nice and appealing, colorful and joyful :) At least judging from the screenshot... I vaguely remember the old one, which was kind of tiny.
But since it has a rather unique layout, I guess one would sooner or later know where everything is, even if labels were hard to read.

64 presets per bank, I think most people would be happy if they achieved 64 good presets :hihi:

Snap, I was about to pick the first one up this month anyway.

Edit: good thing I waited, they're not doing any grace period.

The sound demos are pretty good once you get past the tired EDM sounds.
I Particularly liked the Numan demo track by Paul Hurst "Every Day I Die"
The Oddity 2 seems to have captured a lot of the nuances of the original hardware synth.

Return to “Instruments”