Poll: Have you changed your main host(s) in 2014?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Have you changed your main host(s) in 2014?

No
56%
Yes
38%
Other
6%

Total votes: 176

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have you changed your main host? or added another host beside it? Why have you changed it? What do you think of the change now, if you did?
Last edited by EnGee on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is "other" a kind of fish I've not heard of? tsk tsk.

Logic user, 7 years and counting. Can't see that changing for a while yet :)

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

I've changed from Live 8 Suite to Sonar X3 Producer.

Still use Live, but only to mess with old projects or do some experiments.

Why I changed? Well, because Sonar was dirty cheap, that's why. Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard :hihi: . Cheaper than what I paid for Live.

But was the best money spent ever, because IMO, Sonar is a better and complete package than Live.

Don't ask me why, but productivity increased just by using Sonar instead of Live.

Recent purchase so let's see on the long run.

Been Reason user for 12 years, don't need to change that. I could say I did a right choice 12 years ago. :)

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Is "other" a kind of fish I've not heard of? tsk tsk.
Oops! I should have written "Snapper" instead ;) But anyway I voted "Yes".

I have traded (back!) Live Standard for Reason 7/8 and sold S1 (before that). So, in the end now I'm using Sonar X3 with Reason 8 rewired. I'm very happy with this setup because I really like both a lot :love: I might upgrade to X3 Producer soon as well :)

Hi,

I have been using Cubase since version 5. Now using version 7.5 , It's my primary DAW.

Recently got Reason 8, I hope to get into Reason 8, and use it Rewired to Cubase 7.5, or run it standalone for a very different workflow, and flavor.

Considering a few other DAWs as well, but no rush, most likely later next year. i.e. (FL-Studio 12, Bitwig Studio 2.0, Studio One Pro 3.)

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Samplitude user for 10 years by early next year. Emagic being bought out by Apple caused me to switch. I tried most of the other hosts and they all have their strong points but I've invested too much time learning Samplitude so it tends to be my go to host. There are certain things it doesn't do the main one being audio warping but I have licences for Studio One, Reaper, SonarX3, FL Studio, Renoise and Logic Pro X on my Mac partition.So I'm covered for all eventualities.
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Switched from Cubase 7.5 (buggy mess & the mixer graphic's didn't sit well with me) to Studio One 2 Professional and haven't looked back amazing, an streamlined DAW.

Cheers.

KingofBeers

Switched from cubase 7 to cubase 7.5, so i suppose the answer is no. :D

if IL gonna do the same magic with Patcher as with the mixer of FL than .... definitely maybe :D , the Layers feature has been depreciated and it has been promised so I hope the bests :hyper:
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

I voted other. Just because I can :)
Wonder whether my advice worth a penny? Check my music at Soundcloud and decide for yourself.
re:vibe and Loki Fuego @ Soundcloud

I'm so boring, I haven't really changed it since late 80's (I think it was) when going from Voyetra to Cakewalk. Since then I've stayed with Cakewalk even if they have changed the name of the program. I've tried others like Logic (on PC), Cubase, nTrack and reaper. But I'm just to set in my ways - even Cakewalks own Project 5 was too much work to get into. It's not that I necessarily think that Sonar is better, but learning new ways of doing the same things is just to much work that I'd rather spend doing music. When Sonar's X came it was a extremely frustrating for me. My gut feeling is that allmost all DAWs nowadays are easily powerful enough for my needs

No.

I'll vote when I have decided what my main host actually is. I bounce around between FL Studio, Reaper, Tracktion, and Renoise. Except Reaper, which is my "I wish I could really get the hang of it and use it for everything" DAW, I do different things with them. The noise I make with Renoise is distinctly different from the stuff I create with FL Studio.

Toying around some with the Live trial at the moment (again). Slowly warming up to it as I learn how to do things, but the GUI is somewhat uninspiring, and it's on the costly side (well, I'd buy Push too).

Switched from Cakewalk, after 15 years, to Cubase 7. Sonar was a better interface, more user-friendly and intuitive I'd say. But it's the only DAW that doesn't play well with U-He plugs, and Cake haven't addressed the issues after years of complaints from myself and others. Says more about U-He than Cakewalk perhaps, that I'd switch under these circumstances. I have regrets, but I don't regret the move overall. My U-He plugs are functioning much more smoothly now. Cubase can do anything SONAR Pro can, and more...expensively!
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”