Acon Digital Equalize

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Equalize

Acon Digital released Equalize today, a parametric equalizer that can work in linear phase, minimal phase and mixed phase. We have been beta testing this wonderful EQ for little over a month now and it already has become our favorite parametric equalizer.

Yes, there are many good EQ plugins these days, there is no point in denying that, but the combination of the intuitive workflow, the ability to set the slope for each band separately, the ability to have mid, side, right and left bands at the same time, all combined with a wonderful sound quality, is what makes this EQ stand out in our opinion.

Acon Digital entered our radar when they released Verberate, a reverb plugin that turned out to become one of our favorite algorithmic reverb plugins. So yeah, maybe we are biased, but we truly believe Equalize deserves the same amount of praise as Verberate. We believe both products are the realization of a company that is designing and developing plugins with a passion and a big amount of great skills. :)

Check it out here: http://acondigital.com/products/equalize/

Cheers!
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

This is amazing! Does any other EQ let you set M/S for individual bands like this? I'm currently looking for a clean EQ but now that I have tried this I don't think I can live without this feature.

asksol wrote:This is amazing! Does any other EQ let you set M/S for individual bands like this? I'm currently looking for a clean EQ but now that I have tried this I don't think I can live without this feature.
M/S per band? It is pretty common feature. Check Toneboosters EQ, Pro-Q, EQuick, Equality, EQuilibrium....

Yeah TB Equalizer has M/S L/R per band and also individual auto gain per band. :party:
Last edited by Lee702 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nevertheless looks like an amazing EQ with typical Acon ease of use. Going to try this now.

Any "bundle" upgrade for users of all your other plugins?

Impressive EQ, especially at that price.

I like Acon's multiply and Verberate, great sound and all their plugins have a very well designed GUI, clear and logical layout and very high usability. Looking good, too.
For workhorse EQ though I am quite content with TBEQ at the moment so I might pass if not for sudden GAS :)

asksol wrote:This is amazing! Does any other EQ let you set M/S for individual bands like this? I'm currently looking for a clean EQ but now that I have tried this I don't think I can live without this feature.
Thanks! 8) As others have written, setting M/S for the bands individually is quite common, but the ability to set L/M/Both/S/R per band is unique as far as I know.

EDIT: Sorry, apparently I didn't read the posts above thoroughly enough. Seems as if the TB EQ has the same feature as well...

Best,
Stian
Last edited by stian on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheoM wrote:nevertheless looks like an amazing EQ with typical Acon ease of use. Going to try this now.

There's already the introduction offer (20% off until December 25), but I agree that a bundle offer for those who have several Acon plug-ins would be fair. I'll have to think about it...

Stian

stian wrote:
TheoM wrote:nevertheless looks like an amazing EQ with typical Acon ease of use. Going to try this now.

There's already the introduction offer (20% off until December 25), but I agree that a bundle offer for those who have several Acon plug-ins would be fair. I'll have to think about it...

Stian

awesome. Have ALL the others here, including the restoration suite :D Love your work :D

Oh, guess I have been missing out then, well always nice to have a revelation :)

One thing that could be negative for me with this EQ is that you can only control one band at a time with knobs.
I guess you'd get used to it, but maybe it would be easier if there's a row of buttons so you can quickly jump
to a band? ([1], [2], [3], and so on). Maybe with free moving bands you have to look at the graph anyway to figure
where they are, so it wouldn't help much. I see you can have up to 12 bands, (equick/equilibrium can do 32!), is it normal
to use that many? I guess you could do comb filtering

double post

Yes not being able to grab multiple bands seems odd. Also muting bands should be shown on the graph, gets confusing which band is muted at a glance. Other than that I'm loving this EQ. I like the ability to adjust the HP/LP filter slope freely. Waves Renaissance equalizer is the only other EQ I've seen that on.
Last edited by DubLifeSD on Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pro-Q or Pro-Q2, and both are clean sounding.

I was really looking forward to trying this EQ, while it does sound very good, the cpu hit is just to much even in zero latency mode, for what it does, hopefully in an update or two the cpu usage will be halved?

I have Verberate ...and that "IS" my go to Reverb, but I remember that also having teething troubles when it first came out with cpu etc..

On a side note the Toneboosters TB equalizer since version 3.0.8 is the most efficient but great sounding EQ out there , especially when you need a high instance count, Fabfilter ProQ2 a close second in efficiency but obviously with a bucket load more features.

Cheers.

KingofBeers.

Return to “Effects”