iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

This makes me sad. I don't think there is anything that compares to what IRIS can do.

not quite the same but do check out pathways and emit by dillon bastan if you have ableton.

gaggle of hermits wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:17 pm
syntonica wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:05 am Usually, any osc or filter code is old news. But selling the code on to another dev either for a flat fee or a small percentage works, too.
this is where you get into the crazy world of internal corporate politics, especially where private equity is involved. i've seen first-hand situations where a company has had some IP or similar asset that's about to be retired but refused to sell it because of the fear that the buyer might make a go of it and that decision bouncing back on the manager who OKed the sale.

basically: "they're making money with this, why aren't we? why did you sell it to them?"

it's seen as easier to keep your job by just burying the thing (until the day the company goes bust because it couldn't sell the other stuff either).
Exactly so, I was going to say something similar, but you said it better. It's wishful thinking that this will be sold off or made open source.

Selling iZotope, NI and PA software for less and less has saturated the market of skilled users. We now own all those products, so companies can only profit with low-cost updates.

Soundwide wants to mass-market to less-skilled users with an easier and more integrated way to make music, so they must abandon products that require higher levels of skill.

A small development team with low overhead could make a profit by updating Soundwide's abandonware, but Soundwide cannot make enough profit to also support executives and shareholders. This is the trap that we are inside.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:18 am Selling iZotope, NI and PA software for less and less has saturated the market of skilled users. We now own all those products, so companies can only profit with low-cost updates.

Soundwide wants to mass-market to less-skilled users with an easier and more integrated way to make music, so they must abandon products that require higher levels of skill.

A small development team with low overhead could make a profit by updating Soundwide's abandonware, but Soundwide cannot make enough profit to also support executives and shareholders. This is the trap that we are inside.
Said differently, we are less and less their customer.

They want a piece of this market...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrJA01a4Zhg

Here's the next product. The NI Komplete Kontrol B5 by Beamz..a keyboard that anyone can play! Only $49 in stock now! With your low monthly subscription of only $19.95 you can gain access to 173PB of hit music content that you can pretend to play yourself!

ghettosynth wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:56 am
Michael L wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:18 am Selling iZotope, NI and PA software for less and less has saturated the market of skilled users. We now own all those products, so companies can only profit with low-cost updates.

Said differently, we are less and less their customer.

They want a piece of this market...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrJA01a4Zhg
Looks like a rebadged Soundbeam - which has been out for decades

As was 'D-Beam' which is very similar and I have on my V-Synth

Return to “Instruments”