Steinberg: WORST Product Purchase Experience ever!(Bad case of user error!)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

have you taken care of it?
You can undo de the deal.
If you need a dongle with a C4 license, PM me.
Good luck.

it does.

I think what you've done is you've got a pirate copy of Cubase 4/5 and you thought if I buy the 7.5 upgrade it will make it real.
why else would you think a product which says for Cubase 4/5 users would be ok for you if you didn't already legit own them.

Steinberg probably wont accept it back and rightly so they've done exactly what you asked them to do.its not a simple matter of a few clicks to buy anything from the Steinberg site takes along time to do .you cant accidentlly order anything from there and they also have a strict no refund no return policy for software as do most software companys.

you don't need to buy version 4 or 5 of Cubase you just need to purchase a full version of Cubase as long as its version 4 and upwards.your also moaning but what you don't realise is once you do get 7.5 working you will get it upgraded to version 8 for free because you bought it within grace period free upgrades.

if you want to save money buy education versions they are exactly the same as normal versions no difference only difference is prices and you need to be a student or know someone in your family who is a student to buy it.

also if you live in japan why don't you contact Yamaha if you cant get in touch with Steinberg because Yamaha own Steinberg and distribute there goods in asia.

paterpeter wrote:I'm not even a Steinberg user and I still think Steinberg is clearly not to blame. Sure, they could add a warning to the purchase page saying "you need product X version Y to activate this upgrade" to avoid the... less careful users from making errors (although that's what the article name already days tbh). Or do it like Native Instruments, ie requiring you to log in to purchase upgrade versions. All valid improvements. But starting a rant about greedy corporations and dongles and what not is just inappropriate. I hope for you that Steinberg offers a quick solution and that you learned to better inform yourself in the future before you press the pay button.
Steinberg do offer same protection..once you log in it shows what you should buy like I say I think the guy was stupid enough to think he could upgrade pirate software with real upgrade.

sys2074 wrote:
chk071 wrote:
sys2074 wrote: Just why don't they provide a friggin' purchase FULL version option on their site??!
http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_pr ... se-75.html

Do you see where it says "Cubase 7.5 Full version"? It's the highlighted default option... although i guess it could be country dependent. If there is no shipping to your country, you might only get the upgrade options (although i wonder why that would be the case in a country like Japan). But then, choosing these without owning a valid license is kind of careless.
Obviously that's the case then as there is no Full version listed for me.

I know it was carless on my side. But bear with me here! This wasn't the first time recently that I got screwed by dongle-protected audio software purchases recently. So naturally I'm pissed off. The company just got my bucks and I got nothing thanks to their great support and care. not. The policies of companies that sell like this feel like driving away in a car while holding a sign out the window at me with "Asshole!" written on it and at the same time a cloud burst appears over only my head.

weres the misunderstand?it says Cubase 4 you don't own Cubase 4 so why buy a upgrade then piss and cry about it..you seem like the type of person who falls for the African price email scams ..

while im here ill give it a shot.

my name is abdula mustafawank im a exiled afican prince who is currently living in exile in ferguson and need help.
I currently need to get money out of my bank account but I need you to transfer me all your savings so I can use that to get my money .
if you do this I will send you a thousand virgins and a second hand cd by weird al and a voucher for 10% a vasectomy of your choice from any pf changs.
Last edited by djwaxxy on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sys2074 wrote:
xamido wrote:
sys2074 wrote:
xamido wrote: You can also sign up for steinberg account and send them msg from your user account section.
https://shop.steinberg.net/cgi-bin/pages/rnfaq/ml=EN
No! I cannot! In EU/US maybe but obviously not here.
You sure? I even open the web just for you. :roll:

https://www.steinberg.net/jp/mysteinberg.html
Yup, searched the section up and down. There's no way to contact by email unless you're in the countries listed on one of the pages.

Either way, I contacted the email above.

Just why don't they provide a friggin' purchase FULL version option on their site??!
Ummm.... what is the top option on your list of purchase options? Mine says "Cubase Pro 8 Full Version" <--- I just copy/pasted that right off of their page.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

Is this still going? :ud:

Glad it is! Hadn't read it yet and almost have coffee coming out of my nostrils. Thanks OP. :hug:

QUICK UPDATE-----------

ive got some magic beans ill swap them for your Cubase 7.5 now that's my final offer !!!

ok ok..ive also got a duck with a dogs leg glued to its face ill throw that into swap. I bought by accident from the arturia website I thought it was an update for spark when it arrived I couldn't get the dogs leg too work in my usb port and arturia wont take it back..if you don't want it is there anyone else intrested?im looking to trade it for a cat with a mr t haircut or a flea on a bee that's stuck to a tree !! any of those on offer and im in baby :)

hibidy wrote:Is this still going? :ud:
Stupid never ends.

Note to myself: Not all asian people are tech- geeks. :)
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:Note to myself: Not all asian people are tech- geeks. :)
no but they are all robot ninjas :borg:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”