V Collection 4

Official support for: arturia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ahh, makes sense! Thanks jdnz and Yatmandu! Will download them all separately and install then at home. Cheers.

In answer to a previous question about lisences:

There are separate activations for each product, so I have 5 activations for Spark2, 5 activations for V3 and 5 activations for V4.

Plus there's my original machine with the eLicenser dongle and a laptop with soft eLicenser. I guess these cant be updated without switching to the new c/r but I'm not touching these installs!

So there are plenty of lisence 'opportunities'.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

FrankieP wrote:
dumbledog wrote:
FrankieP wrote:Is there a grace period? I purchased V3 just last September.
There's a discount, yes. I picked up the upgrade for $99. Check your account on Arturia to see if you qualify (I bought V3 in August during their 50% off discount so no reason why you shouldn't get one).

As for Analog Lab, well it's working fine for me under Logic X, but my (non-Arturia) keyboards don't work when I use the app stand-alone. Actually I've never really used the Lab before, this is better than I remember... kindof like smart controls under X.

Solina was unplayably crackly on my 2011 iMac (4-core i5, 2.5GHz) until I increased the buffer size to 256, but seems okay now. I'll live.
Saw the $99 upgrade offer in my account. I was hoping more for free if you fall under a grace period of less than 3 months or so. Gonna wait it out until January as I don't see anything there that is new and significant. Don't care much for the new instruments. Plus i'm broke anyway after all the Black Friday sales. LOL
Thanks for sharing about the Solina' crackling issue. I just bought it yesterday as part of V4' and it was the only instrument in the collection that crackled. I raised my buffer setting from 128 to 256 like you did' and it's gone now. No, I don't think musicians should have to lower their performance tools optimum capabilities to permit new tools into our systems... but dang... what-else-we-gonna-do' to remove problems like this..

Topographic4001 wrote:
FrankieP wrote:
dumbledog wrote:
FrankieP wrote:Is there a grace period? I purchased V3 just last September.
There's a discount, yes. I picked up the upgrade for $99. Check your account on Arturia to see if you qualify (I bought V3 in August during their 50% off discount so no reason why you shouldn't get one).

As for Analog Lab, well it's working fine for me under Logic X, but my (non-Arturia) keyboards don't work when I use the app stand-alone. Actually I've never really used the Lab before, this is better than I remember... kindof like smart controls under X.

Solina was unplayably crackly on my 2011 iMac (4-core i5, 2.5GHz) until I increased the buffer size to 256, but seems okay now. I'll live.
Saw the $99 upgrade offer in my account. I was hoping more for free if you fall under a grace period of less than 3 months or so. Gonna wait it out until January as I don't see anything there that is new and significant. Don't care much for the new instruments. Plus i'm broke anyway after all the Black Friday sales. LOL
Thanks for sharing about the Solina' crackling issue. I just bought it yesterday as part of V4' and it was the only instrument in the collection that crackled. I raised my buffer setting from 128 to 256 like you did' and it's gone now. No, I don't think musicians should have to lower their performance tools optimum capabilities to permit new tools into our systems... but dang... what-else-we-gonna-do' to remove problems like this..
Did you try turning off the reverb?

Just got it (upgrade from Prophet and Jupiter). Great addition. Reopened for yourself Modular V (Long time did not use it), hell, all the same it is a cool thing, awesome sound.

The only thing - about install. For any case i install only VST2 versions (honestly do not understand what advantage gives vst3 in synths), after downloading each plugin individually (overall V4 installer seems to me not too good), and use 32bit. And there is a small problem with installers it seems. During installation i select vst2 only, but after install the various formats put to system partition - vst3, and for some reason even x64 folder with dll, although i use 32bit system. Also there appear copies of VST2 dlls, that are already installed on my other partition. So I have a lot of extra content to the system partition (on which a bit little space).
The same about "Program Files" location which selected during install - for some reason after install there put only "uninstall" exe files...
Maybe it would be logical to do the opposite: On the system partition - uninstall exe`s only, and to the desired place - all other content (various plug formats, presets etc.).

Do that please if possible in future.

The only install thing that is as it should - it's installation directly VST2 dlls to selected location - all ok with this. :lol:

And thus related question - can i manually delete all unused dlls from system partition in ProgramData? ("x64" folders, vst3, and copies of vst2 dlls). It will not cause problems ? (if I use only VST2).

Win7,32bit
Last edited by c_voltage on Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Does Analog Lab now include the new synths?

aMUSEd wrote:Does Analog Lab now include the new synths?
Yes (in last version of AL), judge by info from change log from download page.
Last edited by c_voltage on Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

c_voltage wrote:
Yes (in last version of AL)
Including the Organ?

aMUSEd wrote:
c_voltage wrote:
Yes (in last version of AL)
Including the Organ?
Yes, just i open AL, Vox V also in list.

I went ahead and took the plunge using my discount coupon...I didn't have to reinstall any of the synths that I had demoed, it just automatically activated them for me when I went to sync in the Arturia Software Center. I wonder if it's possible to sell any of the individual plugs that I purchased before updating to V-Collection? It was a bit of an investment but now I have Keylab 49, SparkLE, and Beatstep so I pretty much have the store for Arturia except for their Brute synths.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

What are the new features of V 4? The website is very light on detail.

Spark is upgraded to V2. Vox Continental has been added along with two new synths: the Oberheim Matrix 12 and the Eminent/ARP Solina String Ensemble.

And a new DRM scheme.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking more in terms of more specific new features for each plugin.

I don't think they really updated the VC3 synths other than getting rid of eLicenser and making them compatible with the new DRM scheme...maybe a couple bugfixes, Analog Lab might have a few new features but that seems to have just been updated to include sounds from vox/matrix/solina.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Why the Analog Lab Crash so much logic?
What can i do?

Return to “Arturia”