All good things come to those who wait.. the Synth Squad 2 thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Amber (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Strobe (DCAM: Synth Squad)

bmrzycki wrote:
Angus_FX wrote: Cypher is a model of an analogue synth, the FM design is strongly influenced by the ARP 2600 & various Euro modules. It's a completely different beast to a four/six/eight-operator digital FM synth.
This is why I love it. It's unique in the plugin world. The workflow I find to be much faster and more rewarding than most operator style synths. And frankly I find it has a sound that falls somewhere between digital fm and analog subtractive that makes it my favorite of the three SS plugs.

Looking forward to screenshots and new features for it!

I agree on much of what u have seid except of easy to use. I do not care about easy of use if it means compromise in features!!!
https://слово-божье.рф

Angus_FX wrote:Same sound quality (in fact better for many people, as we now default to 2x oversample & don't allow 1x if the host SR is 44/48).
noooo, let a draft mode like Diva :help:

I know this is a question for sound designers and sorry if it'd been asked but will existing soundbanks work with Synth Squad 2. Oh and sign me up for public beta testing! :D
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Nice to see a GUI overhaul - it will be interesting to see how it is to use. The GUI was what prevented me from buying Synth Squad 1, just didn't click with me.
You have no right to remain silent!
www.soundcloud/phunkberater

musikmachine wrote:I know this is a question for sound designers and sorry if it'd been asked but will existing soundbanks work with Synth Squad 2. Oh and sign me up for public beta testing! :D
public beta testing i want too!

yes support for V1 presets would be awsome! :party:

Decent but certainly nothing earth-shattering. Nice GUI though.
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:Decent but certainly nothing earth-shattering. Nice GUI though.
That's the risk of making improvements behind the scenes but not adding anything flashy.

Angus, maybe it would be wise to add some simple filter, oscillator, or effect types, just so you're stoking people's fires on all levels?

So are the 64 bit versions of synth squad currently pretty stable? I've always liked strobe and I'd love a flexible paraphonic string machine emulator. I'm sure cypher could be useful as well. Is the demo 64 bit?

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I guess the price is back up to 249 unless I'm missing something.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

carrieres - no real need for a draft mode. To give you some idea of CPU performance (of the current build):

32 voices on Core2 2.8, x86: 30% (2x), 90% (8x)
32 voices on i5-2500, x64: 18%(2x), 34% (8x)

All % figures are of a single core, and without any insert fx.

v1 presets will load. We can't guarantee 100% sonic compatibility - there are fundamental differences in the audio engine, but the sonic differences on an old preset will generally be quite subtle.
Angus, maybe it would be wise to add some simple filter, oscillator, or effect types,
We're adding an entire effects section to Strobe. There are a fair few new algorithms in there which aren't in Fusor v1. I can't see Strobe getting a new osc/filter - rather we'd add new synths to the Squad to cover that ground.
I'm sure cypher could be useful as well. Is the demo 64 bit?
Ah_Dziz - full version is x64, demo is not at present. I'm certainly not aware of any stability problems with the x64 version.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Angus_FX wrote:carrieres - no real need for a draft mode. To give you some idea of CPU performance (of the current build):

32 voices on Core2 2.8, x86: 30% (2x), 90% (8x)

All % figures are of a single core, and without any insert fx.
i have an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 and i like to be between around 10% per synth, so i can see myself using a draft mode when using around 30%
how many percent do you use with 8 voices ?
if you are using around 10% i am fine :party:

Angus_FX wrote:32 voices on Core2 2.8, x86: 30% (2x), 90% (8x)
:hyper:

So stoked! Strobe is going to get back to being my go-to synth again.

Thanks Angus! As long as the old soundbanks will load that's fine.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Ah_Dziz wrote:So are the 64 bit versions of synth squad currently pretty stable? I've always liked strobe and I'd love a flexible paraphonic string machine emulator. I'm sure cypher could be useful as well. Is the demo 64 bit?

JJ
If u tolking about current Synth Squade then there are few bugs on Mac, but nothing critical for me exept i cannot run Fusor at all :hihi:
On of other bugs is that if u play keyboard and turn a knob they can for no reson jump to 50% and this bug is pretty easy repeatble.
Also there were other bug reported by people but in my work flow i did not come a cross yet.
https://слово-божье.рф

Surely the "8 switchable sounds" feature is a frontend improvement. This kind of feature is really handy. That said, some new waveform types would surely sweeten the deal. And/or the ability to bypass the sub from the filter.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Return to “Instruments”