Eekjuliza - workhorse EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

Today we release the public beta version of Eekjuliza, a very capable parametric EQ suited for all kinds of tasks.

Eekjuliza's features:
  • Supports all major platforms (MAC/WIN AU/VST/VST3/RTAS/AAX)
  • Virtually unlimited number of bands.
  • Complete 64-bit signal path.
  • Channel selection per band (left/right/mid/side/all).
  • Multi-channel input and output DFT analyzers.
  • Classic analog style filters (high-pass, low-pass, peak, high-shelf, low-shelf, notch, band-pass).
  • High quality, flexible oversampling.
  • Graphical representation of the equalizer's magnitude curve.
  • Frequency "seeking" function (alt+drag).
  • Band-gain mirroring.
  • Multi editing and dragging of EQ bands.
  • Full undo/redo.
  • Resizable UI.

Eekjuliza is currently available at our web store at an intro price of 19€.
There is a fully functional demo version available on our website at audioD3CK - Eekjuliza.

Cheers!

hm... I was in the process of testing your plugins to see whether I should go for the AudioLine bundle, which was 99€... now with the addition of Eekjuliza, it climbed 30€ up - that's one € more than Eekjuliza's full price. (11 more that its intro price) - is that really how you are planning to go ahead with the bundle price? :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I just ended the sale, which was 20% off (was planned for only a few days anyways),
also SunRuys no longer has the beta discount.
The prices are calculated from the individual plugins (sumSinglePrices*factor - pluginsYouOwn*factor ... etc.).

I want to encourage early adoption as it gives me the option to focusing on this project.

Have you read the about the bundle scheme?
You would have gotten Eekjuliza for "free" if you bought the bundle beforehand (+more).

Sorry that you missed the sale.
You can PM me to haggle :hihi: , I'm in Indonesia right now...getting teached about it :scared: ...

Oh, btw. you can buy a single cheaper product and hope that the x-mas sale goes through, then you'll get the full bundle anyways ;)

Cheers!

JM

P.S.:

Just a though, does it make sense for software to get cheaper over time anyways? I mean, the costs of supporting it should generally rise, don't they.

Yes, sure they bundle's price should increase... it's probably just that I didn't realize the 99€ price was such a short-period sale...

yes, I knew about the fact that the bundle's value keeps increasing with every new plugin you release and I think that (at least in theory) this is really great bargain.

However I just looked at your plugins so far, yet had no time to try them (I have a lot more plugins than time :hihi:) - which is why I didn't go ahead with the purchase yet. I only discovered your company very recently. I really like what I see, yet have no real idea whether I will also like what I'll hear (and purchasing the bundle would be half motivated by G.A.S., half by wanting to support the small developer with great stuff and low prices).
I don't really get the distinction between your three lines - that aside it all looks really very good. :-D

I'm really wondering why there isn't a lot more fuss about your stuff - doesn't seem reasonable to me at all... :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:...
I'm really wondering why there isn't a lot more fuss about your stuff - doesn't seem reasonable to me at all... :?
Lack of marketing on my part probably...also the market is kind of crowded :o ...I'll have to put more effort into marketing (very) soon!

Also I might extend the sale when I announce Eekjuliza in my newsletter, after I uploaded an update (which hopefully is tonight). Some very useful feature being added to Eekjuliza, plus a fix for the error message some users have reported :)

Distinction of the three lines:

- R.A.O.N., aiming at character.
- SunSeries, aiming at transparency.
- PlayFlow, plugins geared toward a good workflow, rather than towards a specific sound.

Cheers!

I read your explanation - but tbh it makes only marginal sense to me...
ChopChop's algorithm was originally designed to be reasonably clean while operating with a very fast attack time and classic peak detection. The result is a very flexible compressor with a distinct sound. ChopChop is best used when the compression is meant to be heard, but it can act as an invisible tool as well!

It offers a rich feature set, presented on a very simple user interface, designed for a optimal workflow. Distinct features like the adjustable range knee or the release acceleration control distinguish it form other compressors.

Lastly, its external side-chain allows ChopChop to duck tracks or tame fighting frequencies, which might come in handy at any time!
SunRuys is an advanced compressor designed for you mix bus. Its unusual feedback.forward typology gives it a precise yet smooth sound, rounded of by some subtle saturation.
Eekjuliza is your complete workhorse equalizer with an emphasis on sound quality and workflow.

high quality DSP:
64 bit signal path, linear-phase-oversampling, thought out UI, Eekjuliza brings you professional quality at an affordable price!
Please don't take this the wrong way - but reading these descriptions, I don't think I would be able to categorize any of these three plugins at all.

E.g. "optimal workflow" sounds like workflow to me...
"Unusual" and "subtle saturation" both sound like character to me...
"64 bit signal path, linear-phase-oversampling" sounds like transparency to me

This "high quality" EQ however isn't in the same series as any of the compressors, but instead is lumped in together with a Drum-Sampler, a sample tagging tool and a scratching effect plugin. *walks off, scratching his head*

Damn... reading these descriptions again gives me another G.A.S. attack... :hihi:

Well ok, I'm not claiming that I have the bet website of the all. :oops:

Still the grouping is roughly as I stated it in my last post ;) ... Only because the series emphasize certain aspects does not mean they are limited to them.
There is certainly overlap ;) .

Cheers!

Just a short notice that the new beta is up.
changes:
  • fixed error message on startup
  • added floating gain/frequency/Q readouts (optional)
  • added selectors for processing, viewing and listening to certain channels.
  • added option to choose band type on add (enabled by default)
  • cleaned up options menu
  • bands will be added to the channel you are currently working (e.g. listening) on
Cheers!

JM

Is there any reason why the dll file doesn't just install where i tell it to? Instead it creates an unnecessarily long folder hierarchy ([MyChosenFolder]/Eekjuliza/contents/Win32/Eekjuliza.dll). That's some serious OCD antagonizing there!

Aside from that, if i make a shortcut to stick into my carefully organised shortcuts folder which Ableton points to it cannot be found.

mutantdog wrote:Is there any reason why the dll file doesn't just install where i tell it to? Instead it creates an unnecessarily long folder hierarchy ([MyChosenFolder]/Eekjuliza/contents/Win32/Eekjuliza.dll). That's some serious OCD antagonizing there!

Aside from that, if i make a shortcut to stick into my carefully organised shortcuts folder which Ableton points to it cannot be found.
I use the convention from AAX.
Can you elaborate on what you do exactly? A shortcut to the folder? To the *.dll?
It seems to me that installing plugins in subfolders is common practice?

Cheers!

JM

dasdeck wrote:It seems to me that installing plugins in subfolders is common practice?
not really : the least you have to click the better the workflow ;)
Melda does this, but that is the only company i know creating sub-folders and it drives me nuts (i remove them each time i update my Melda plugins).
Letting the user chose where he wants to put its plugins is imho the best way.

sinkmusic wrote:
dasdeck wrote:It seems to me that installing plugins in subfolders is common practice?
not really : the least you have to click the better the workflow ;)
Melda does this, but that is the only company i know creating sub-folders and it drives me nuts (i remove them each time i update my Melda plugins).
Letting the user chose where he wants to put its plugins is imho the best way.
I'll put it on the list for improvements. To be fair though, some/sane hosts do not show the user the actual directory structure :D ... on the other hand, Ableton Live is a damn fine host!

Just sayin', a lot of hosts just show you the plugin and let you categorize them in other ways.

Cheers!

JM

Sure, I make a shortcut to the .dll then place it in a VST shortcuts folder which Live is set to scan as my VST folder, it otherwise works with everything and helps me keep my plugins organised in a system that makes sense to my workflow.

Yeah, a lot of plugins do create folders, thankfully most can be moved outside of those folders with no issues (i don't know if this is the case here) but it's really not that common unless the plugin has other associated files, in this case the folders contain nothing other than the sub-folders leading to the dll, which all seems unnecessary. Besides, if the installer asks me to specify a location then i expect my choice to hold.

Sorry, it might seem i'm making a bigger deal out of it than it is, it's just a minor gripe really. The fact that the shortcut doesn't register in Live is strange though. If i move the dll itself into the afforementioned shortcuts folder it still doesn't show up.

mutantdog wrote:Sure, I make a shortcut to the .dll then place it in a VST shortcuts folder which Live is set to scan as my VST folder, it otherwise works with everything and helps me keep my plugins organised in a system that makes sense to my workflow.

Yeah, a lot of plugins do create folders, thankfully most can be moved outside of those folders with no issues (i don't know if this is the case here) but it's really not that common unless the plugin has other associated files, in this case the folders contain nothing other than the sub-folders leading to the dll, which all seems unnecessary. Besides, if the installer asks me to specify a location then i expect my choice to hold.

Sorry, it might seem i'm making a bigger deal out of it than it is, it's just a minor gripe really. The fact that the shortcut doesn't register in Live is strange though. If i move the dll itself into the afforementioned shortcuts folder it still doesn't show up.
The .dll should work anywhere, so I'll see what I can do.

Cheers

JM

Return to “Effects”