Ilok on WIN8x64 :/ Has stopped. Server Unavailalbe Error.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ilok on WIN8x64 :/ Has stopped. Server Error message :x :cry: :dog: :pray:
Still reads the software I have installed and responds. But Now when I open the Ilok software, it give the Sever Unavailable now, message. Any ideas? Thansk, guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

abstractcats wrote:Ilok on WIN8x64 :/ Has stopped. Server Error message :x :cry: :dog: :pray:
Still reads the software I have installed and responds. But Now when I open the Ilok software, it give the Sever Unavailable now, message. Any ideas? Thansk, guys!
Also, Pace does not show up, in Admistrative tools.

I always get that Server Unavailable thing when I start the iLok Manager. Then I click the Sign In button and it tries again. Usually makes it on the second try. I assume it does this for everyone. Getting any response from iLok is nearly impossible.

But my iLok server has never stopped.
-Matt

Online licensing services also don't seem to play well with antivirus software either. Modemed can also mess you around.

So has anything else changed recently in your setup??

This started happening to me the other day every time I start the computer and try to open PT11. I have to start the service in admin tools every time but don't know why all of a sudden it has started doing this.

Win 8 has a lot of differences from Win 7, which I know better, but I'd start with the Event Viewer. When you start the machine all the services that can't start should stick something about why it failed in the log. Might give you a clue as to why the service isn't starting.

In general the only solution is to uninstall all the Pace/iLok software (not your apps, just the iLok driver stuff), reboot and then re-install the iLok software from their website. Sometimes product installers will try to install the Pace/iLok stuff but because they are older will just mess things up. Or it could be any one of the thousands of ways system configs can get messed up. Hard to say really.

The Event log will give you the most clues as to what failed. Start there.
-Matt

Have use set the correct settings (disable proxy if not used)? This is the most common problem for iLok on Windows. This can occur after Windows updates (Afaik there are some updates from the last patch day for the IE).

4damind wrote:Have use set the correct settings (disable proxy if not used)? This is the most common problem for iLok on Windows. This can occur after Windows updates (Afaik there are some updates from the last patch day for the IE).
I have recently updated Windows. I'm not using a proxy, How do I disable for Ilok2?

tonkatodd wrote:
4damind wrote:Have use set the correct settings (disable proxy if not used)? This is the most common problem for iLok on Windows. This can occur after Windows updates (Afaik there are some updates from the last patch day for the IE).
I have recently updated Windows. I'm not using a proxy, How do I disable for Ilok2?
There are different ways. You can open the internet explorer, there is this internet options => connections => LAN settings where you find the option for the proxy server.. this should be unchecked so no proxy is used.
You can also access it in the notification area on the taskbar and the network icon: with "right mouse click" you find 2 options in the context menu and one is to open the network settings. This opens the settings page where on the left side there are the "internetoptions" (there is the connections tab and at the bottom the LAN settings where you find the proxy server settings).

Not to mention I just heard Win7 very recently was released a really bad upgrade. It broke so many things. In fact, Microsoft's own position on it was to uninstall the update.

So id you are on 7 you might want to look into that.

It may not help you with the iLok server not running. But I did finally work out why I kept getting the Server Unavailable error when starting the iLok License Manager. This message thread was the clue:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... -help.html

I added exceptions to the Windows Firewall (I don't use any 3rd party firewall software) for the exe:
%ProgramFiles% (x86)\Common Files\PACE\Services\LicenseServices\LDSvc.exe

and I also did the License Manager UI (but I don't think you need to)
%ProgramFiles% (x86)\iLok License Manager\iLok License Manager.exe

I created incoming and outgoing rules to allow it access to the net. Now the License Manager app starts without giving an error. I still have to click the Sign In button to actually login though, but maybe that's the way it's supposed to work? But the error about Server Unavailable is now gone for me.

I can't understand why the iLok installer doesn't put those rules into the Windows Firewall for the user. Though to be honest that error message was the only bad side effect. Everything seemed to work even with it coming up.
-Matt

4damind wrote:
tonkatodd wrote:
There are different ways. You can open the internet explorer, there is this internet options => connections => LAN settings where you find the option for the proxy server.. this should be unchecked so no proxy is used.
You can also access it in the notification area on the taskbar and the network icon: with "right mouse click" you find 2 options in the context menu and one is to open the network settings. This opens the settings page where on the left side there are the "internetoptions" (there is the connections tab and at the bottom the LAN settings where you find the proxy server settings).
Thanks for your help. I found the reason my particular issue was happening and it was because for some strange reason my bios for my motherboard (Asus Z87 pro) had changed a usb setting to "partial initialization" instead of "full initialization" in the bios boot settings which started the ilok usb service at boot. This caused me to have to start the pace service in admin tools everytime after booting. Very annoying and may have changed the option after an unnoticed power failure where it would have reset the bios to defaults, Maybe when my power surge box reset.

GLad to hear you managed to resolve it

In my first ever attempt at using iLok 2, it's a disaster so far. I am getting the server unavailable message on Windows 8.1 x64. I have no proxies running at all, and I still get it. Can anyone offer me any help? So far, it looks like $150 wasted on VMR because I can't get this thing to work.

Awesome, I got it to work! Follow the instruction here:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... -win7.html

This requires a tool called "PsTools" from Microsoft.

In case that forum ever finally goes down, here's the instructions in the flesh (This solutions comes straight from iLok support):
Based on your description of the issue, there may be an Internet proxy issue causing the “Server Unavailable” message. To resolve the issue, please follow the steps below. A Microsoft tool called “PsTools” will be required. It is available from them by following the link below:

PsExec

1) Unzip the contents of the 'pstools.zip' file to a temporary folder. For simplicity, we recommend working with a temporary folder (i.e. c:\TEMP)

2) Open and run a command prompt as administrator. For information on how to do this, perform an internet search for the terms “how to open command prompt with administrator privileges”.

3) Enter the following and then hit the Enter key:

cd \temp

4) Enter the following and then hit the Enter key. This will start Windows Internet Explorer:

psexec -i -s "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

5) From Internet Explorer's menu choose “Tools > Internet options

6) Choose the “Connections” tab and click the “LAN settings” button

7) Proceed with either one of the three scenarios below depending on what the “Local Area Network (LAN) Settings” window currently displays:

a) If you machine has to connect to a proxy server to have internet access, make sure the proxy server is configured correctly in the proxy configuration panel here. You then close the proxy configuration panel by selecting “OK” button to make the configuration effective.

b) If your machine accesses the internet without a proxy server and the check box named “Use a proxy server for your LAN” is checked, then un-check the box and the other three check boxes of the configuration panel. You then close the proxy configuration panel by selecting “OK” button.

c) If your machine accesses the internet without a proxy server and the check box named “Use a proxy server for your LAN” is not checked, but the text box named “Address:” is not empty, then follow these steps:

1c) Check the check box named “Use a proxy server for your LAN”.

2c) Remove content in the box named “Address:”.

3c) Close the proxy configuration panel by select “OK” button.

4c) Open the proxy configuration panel again by select “LAN settings” button.

5c) Un-check all the check boxes of the configuration panel.

6c) Close the proxy configuration panel by selecting “OK” button.

Best Regards,
Sergio Flores
iLok.com Technical Support
<http://www.ilok.com>

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”