Presswerk 1.0 released

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

After a few weeks of public testing we're happy to release this:

http://www.u-he.com/cms/Presswerk

Don't miss out on the 30% off intro offer, 89$ until Dec 31st 2014 - before it switches to it's 129$ normal price.

We wish to thank everyone who helped make this happen!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,

- Urs & team

Two things to know:

We've removed unused parameters from the list of automatable parameters. Therefore, if you did host automation with a beta version, you will need to replace the automated parameters. This will most likely be the parameter prior to the one you'll see, i.e. the desired parameter is now the one before that in the list.

A while ago we've also taken out the "vintage views" that were present in the first public beta. The concept wasn't thought out well enough and we've decided we would add them (or something equivalent) back in at a later date.

Congratulations! Hopefully you're able to take some proper time off for the holidays.

So I hate to be that guy but I have to admit that I haven't updated since the first public beta, because I've been using Presswerk mostly as a dead-simple two-knob limiter and I'm not all that up on how compression controls actually work. If I switch from the Opto view to Normal, record those settings and copy those over when I update to the release version will that pretty much get me the setting I'm currently using?

Congratulations u-he team! :clap:
Presswerk is a truly GREAT compressor! :tu:

I remember when there was 1st talks about this, I was very excited to hear that Sascha was working on it since the legend "Blockfish" was one of my favorite compressors back in the day... Presswerk being very flexible and great sounding while keeping CPU usage fairly low will finally replace it (along with other compressors that I have I'm sure) with dignity!

this will be (in fact already IS) my new go-to "flexible and character" compressor!

Good luck and I hope you'll get to have some good times and well deserved rest these holidays, Merry Christmas! :hug:

I'm seriously pleased that U-He has done this new Compressor package, I already own the Arts Acoustic CL series but that company is presently fallen off the edge of the earth, so it's just a matter of time before it no longer works.. Pressewerk then is a offering that does the compression tasks very well.. and with the introductory offer, and the survey coupon I'll get it for a very attractive price.

Thanks Urs, Sascha and the rest of the u-he. team!
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

v1.0 crashes EnergyXT2.7 when loading the dll and doesn't show up at all in Orion 8.504 (32-bit) here on Win8, 64-bit.

Urs, when you get back to tackling VST3, will you please start with Presswerk ... the main advantage to us Cubase users is to be able to use a functional sidechain feature. The Cubase VST 2 configuration to do sidechain is spectacularly stupid.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

nBeat wrote:v1.0 crashes EnergyXT2.7 when loading the dll and doesn't show up at all in Orion 8.504 (32-bit) here on Win8, 64-bit.
The guys will look into that after a well deserved x-mas break :)

SJ_Digriz wrote:Urs, when you get back to tackling VST3, will you please start with Presswerk ... the main advantage to us Cubase users is to be able to use a functional sidechain feature. The Cubase VST 2 configuration to do sidechain is spectacularly stupid.
Presswerk will surely raise the priority for VST3 support, exactly because of this issue.

Urs wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:Urs, when you get back to tackling VST3, will you please start with Presswerk ... the main advantage to us Cubase users is to be able to use a functional sidechain feature. The Cubase VST 2 configuration to do sidechain is spectacularly stupid.
Presswerk will surely raise the priority for VST3 support, exactly because of this issue.
:tu: thank you ... enjoy your holidays.

------------------------------------------------------
Cubase VST2.x Sidechain Tutorial
Step 1, make a new channel that will be used to trick Cubase into thinking you aren't side chaining
|
|
|
Step 293, and Bob's your uncle

It's just that easy.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Urs wrote:
nBeat wrote:v1.0 crashes EnergyXT2.7 when loading the dll and doesn't show up at all in Orion 8.504 (32-bit) here on Win8, 64-bit.
The guys will look into that after a well deserved x-mas break :)
Thanks, I'm confident you'll solve it eventually.
Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year to you and everyone at u-he. :)

Hi Urs, many thanks and congratulations !

Maybe it's just me, but I am having real trouble in entering any registration data. I'm using SONAR Producer v.X3e/Win 7 SP1 and any typing keystrokes are not being accepted into the registration window, only by the DAW (which creates havoc in the background when I try to enter my name :-). I've tried enabling "Give All Keystrokes to the Plugin" but this does not work. I have many u-he plugins and this is the first time I have experienced this.

My next try will be "cut and paste" of the required info into your registration window (I'm not at my DAW, so will get back whether I'm succesful or not).

Thanks, and have a great Xmas + New Year.
Ted

Okay, "cut and paste" worked, so I'm fully registered Urs. But you may want to look into why keystrokes did not work.
Ted

SONARtist wrote:Okay, "cut and paste" worked, so I'm fully registered Urs. But you may want to look into why keystrokes did not work.
Ted
I had the same situation occur on two machines, both running Samplitude. I assumed it was because of my spacebar setting.

Cut/paste worked fine.

Best.

I just bought Presswork after being a Beta Tester. I cannot seem to shake the Beta Tester registration to enter my own registration. The Beta registration keeps coming up initially when I launch the plug-in, even after fully uninstalling it (Mac OS X) twice. I might be missing something on the install, but I'd think there's a way to re-register it from within the plugin. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Locate com.u-he.Presswerk.user.txt and delete its contents.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

Return to “u-he”