Sequential Prophet 6 !!! NAMM 2015

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vectorman wrote:The main point for me is that Dave beat Roland, Korg, etc. to the punch by being first to wheel out a modern reinterpretation of an iconic '70s/'80s analog poly synth (and apparently did it right instead of designing something around those same CEM chips again). The others have been teasing and tickling with no revamped Polysix or Juno or Jupiter anywhere in sight. Dave jetted past all the foreplay and went straight for the Big O. I think we were starting to figure there'd be "pork in the treetops" before one of the big names finally did it.
Agreed. In some sense, this feels really significant in the same way that the original did. BTW: It seems some acknowledgement of Yamaha is in order, as, according to the linked article, they "gifted" the rights to the sequential name back to Dave Smith.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much ... synth.html

This is definitely on my list, I best get saving up ready for May!
dj styleee

Gonga wrote:
eXode wrote:Does anyone remember if Moog got this much flak about the digital side of things when they released the Taurus 3, the Minitaur, the Sub Phatty, or the Sub 37? I'm asking because they all have digital LFO(s) and Envelope Generators, and most of them have some sort of digital tuning as well...
True that, and as I've stated before, my Moog Voyager Rackmount, with it's "all-analog signal path," sound like crap when pitch-bending because of it's midi implementation, which to this day has never been fixed.

Bottom line is, as it has always been...what does it sound like under varying real-world playing conditions?
I too have been somewhat bemused over zippering/stepping when using the mod wheel on my Mopho. I have not considered aliasing as there is no DAC in the signal path to turn the audio into 1's and 0's. I do not know that such digital controlled modulators approached such frequencies that they can aliase. So how does this affect the sound? Is it like when a noise source is used to modulate say an oscillator frequency or filter cutoff frequency for example? Interesting.

Is this something that only a professional wine taster can detect?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”