Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

Is it possible to pre order the update yet?

Nope.

aMUSEd wrote:Is it possible to pre order the update yet?
Yes, Sweetwater has it and shipped mine yesterday. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. My guess is I won't be able to activate it until the 30th though. No tax, free 2-day shipping, $20 less than the price I'm expecting to pay directly to Spectrasonics.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Omnisphere2up

Note that upgrade only applies to users that aren't getting the VIP upgrade. That's only available directly from Spectrasonics.

well since i've not got omni 1 and i bought omni 2 got email it's being shipped today.
Facebook: https://www.facebook...98625/timeline/
Youtube Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/user/Wazatsc
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/warren-k-music
Latest Releases: https://pro.beatport.com/artist/warren-k/483631

bmrzycki wrote:
Yes, Sweetwater has it and shipped mine yesterday. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. My guess is I won't be able to activate it until the 30th though. No tax, free 2-day shipping, $20 less than the price I'm expecting to pay directly to Spectrasonics.

Note that upgrade only applies to users that aren't getting the VIP upgrade. That's only available directly from Spectrasonics.
Thanks but I just want the download version anyway, don't need a box and Sweetwater is in the US.

For me the best way to judge Omnisphere was looking tons of tutorials, you tube videos etc. For exampel there are some where you can hear lots of patches. Also the tutorial videos on the spectrasonics site are good to see (and hear) if it's the right thing. I bought also the Moog expansion after i watched "Torley" on you tube going trough every single patch (about 800). It's not the same like trying it your self and create own patches and tracks but it's good enough for me.

I really recommand the you tube videos and long demos from "plug in guru". A long time Omnisphere user and maker of lots of patches for it. He goes deeper into it.

I'm no pro and in the past i mainly did music with iOS apps on my iPhone and iPad where everything cost just a few bucks but after i bought Omnisphere i never even thought a second that i spend too much money for it. Worth every penny since it can do every possible genre. I paid more than 2 times for all my Camel Audio stuff..... ouch!

Oh yeah.... 2 days left and i got today my upgrade licence from best service :clap:

aMUSEd wrote:
bmrzycki wrote:

Thanks but I just want the download version anyway, don't need a box and Sweetwater is in the US.
The updates are available everywhere for pre-order and have been for some time. As far as I know they are not shipping any kind of boxed update to anyone. I believe what you will be getting is simply a serial number and then the update will be available via download sometime on the 30th of April. In approximately 1 day 19 hours according to their site.
Who is "I"? What is "I"? This has yet to be explained.

Taoist wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
bmrzycki wrote:

The updates are available everywhere for pre-order and have been for some time. As far as I know they are not shipping any kind of boxed update to anyone. I believe what you will be getting is simply a serial number and then the update will be available via download sometime on the 30th of April. In approximately 1 day 19 hours according to their site.
i had posted a pic of an envelope!
Caine123 wrote:just got my copy :D but waiting till 30th :(

DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:
Taoist wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
bmrzycki wrote:

Yep, I saw that. And thank you. It was one of the few things that brought me some clarity about what to expect from Spectrasonics on the updates. Just thought that I would be clear about the updates being available as I am not sure that folks whom haven't received their serial by 4/30 will be able to download their copy of Omni on that day without it. Hence, you might wanna order your updates now if you were planning on installing and playing on the 30th. Might get it over-nighted as well. :)

Taoist wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
bmrzycki wrote:

OK but it says on the Sweetwater and JJRshop sites that it is boxed. Not sure why it would be though.

Taoist wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
Taoist wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
bmrzycki wrote:

Yep, I saw that. And thank you. It was one of the few things that brought me some clarity about what to expect from Spectrasonics on the updates. Just thought that I would be clear about the updates being available as I am not sure that folks whom haven't received their serial by 4/30 will be able to download their copy of Omni on that day without it. Hence, you might wanna order your updates now if you were planning on installing and playing on the 30th. Might get it over-nighted as well. :)
np :D! you can also ask the seller if he can send you the serial the seller i bought it from asked me but he said i got no advantage cause i have to wait and get my package before release ;).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Just asked JRRShop and they say it's boxed only from them. Hoping Spectrasonics will sell a downloadable version.

aMUSEd wrote:Just asked JRRShop and they say it's boxed only from them. Hoping Spectrasonics will sell a downloadable version.
I've been assuming that all along. I have to buy directly from Spectrasonics to get the VIP deal, for one. I'm pretty sure I saw something, somewhere that implied that it would be available as a download. I'll probably chill for a day or two until the avalanche is over anyway.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Hmmmmmmm...... I purchased my update from JRR. Wondering now what they shall send? If it happens to be DVDs I may have to buy a bottle of wine to celebrate not having to download 300 gigawatts of data.

i forgot, is omni2 FULLY compatible to 1? without any soundchanges?

Return to “Instruments”