Discounted NI Komplete?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post it, so sorry it it's in the wrong place.

I haven't upgraded my NI Komplete for a few versions and want to upgrade, but not sure how to get the best price. Anyone got any clues?

Are there online stores planning to have a discount for Valentines Day?

I know places like Musicians Friend will give you the best price on anything, so anyone know where to buy it cheaper than there?

Just not sure how I can be sure I'm buying at the cheapest price.
Sweet child in time...

It's a way off, but NI normally have a summer sale when loads of products are up to half price. Might be worth hanging on, if you can bear the wait.

I've just been asked what I want for a Valentine's Day gift and this came to mind. I got a pretty expensive guitar last year, so I'm looking for something not so expensive this year, and this seemed the perfect thing - just want to see if I can find the price to get it cheapest.

Although, if I can think of something else I could wait until summer for that.
Sweet child in time...

I don't even get a card anymore...

See what NI has for you in terms of an upgrade price. It may not be worth waiting.

My upgrade to K9 from K6 was $149.00 IIRC. I got a $25 coupon with the sale.

SODDI wrote:See what NI has for you in terms of an upgrade price. It may not be worth waiting.

My upgrade to K9 from K6 was $149.00 IIRC. I got a $25 coupon with the sale.
I'm not sure what you mean? It shows as $199 on their site as well as on various other sites.

K9 to K6??? Is that a mistake?
Sweet child in time...

He said "to K9 from K6", so no, it wasn't a mistake since that makes sense.

Sorry, I was reading it backwards - should have looked more carefully. I was thinking that upgrade was left to right but I just didn't read the words!

Still not sure about NI offering an upgrade price though - I just see the regular price on the site.
Sweet child in time...

Deep Purple wrote:Sorry, I was reading it backwards - should have looked more carefully. I was thinking that upgrade was left to right but I just didn't read the words!

Still not sure about NI offering an upgrade price though - I just see the regular price on the site.
Pretty sure you have to be logged in and I think you have to select buy to view the upgrade price, as it is dependent on whether you are upgrading from an earlier Kontakt or Komplete product. :wink:

Do the instruments within Komplete qualify for individual updates? Eg, would a Komplete 8 owner have to upgrade to 9 or 10 to get the latest version of Reaktor?

I'm looking to upgrade Komplete, so not sure. I had never bought individual instruments, only Komplete the one time.
Sweet child in time...

I'm pretty sure that you can update the single instruments in Komplete a la carte; so if you want to upgrade only Reaktor you can pay like, I dunno, $50 and walk away and never pay anything more until it's time to upgrade Reaktor again for $50.

The problem for me is economics - I use all the synths in the NI Komplete; some more like Reaktor and Massive; some less like Kontakt. Those individual upgrades would really mount up at $50 and $50 and $50, so that it is in my best interests to buy the NI Komplete package at the discounted upgrade price, whatever that is at the time.

So I get a package that gives me the synths I use as my main axes and a bunch of what I assume are really nice pretty samples that I will never use for Kontakt.

I pick my shots - I will not upgrade Komplete next until Reaktor 6.

I want to upgrade because I'll get an update to pretty much everything and some new instruments to boot, so don't really want to wait. It's because I'm being asked what I want for a Valentine's day gift, so it seemed like good timing.

Anyone bought the update at jrrshop.com? I've been looking at their site (as it seems to be popular here and someone who works there posts here), but it shows as a prerelease. I'm wondering if that's a mistake?
Sweet child in time...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”