Fragile Gods - "The Digital Divide" (music video added Jan 18)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Allomerus wrote:Great job with the video Franz. Lots of top effects, especially like your use of grids. A compelling watch for your great music! Well done. :)
Thanks! I wanted this to look like a low budget 70s sci-fi movie so I had to have grids in there to represent computer graphics. I don't like state of the art CGI which is kind of perfect and dull. Glad you enjoyed it.

I would appreciate it if anyone who likes this would click the Like button on YouTube. Thanks. :)

seismic1 wrote: He used to be a nice boy. He used to cut the grass.
Yes sir, our boy was a nice, normal kid. Polite, well mannered. Volunteered at the youth center. Did his best to help out around the house.

Then he starting spending all of his time with his gosh darn computer. Hacking his Commodore 64 at ungodly hours of the night. I begged him to stop but he wouldn't listen. One day I walked into his bedroom and I saw Bobby uploaded hisself into the computer! Right then and there, I knew we lost our son forever. :cry:
seismic1 wrote: Great video. It's a good fit for the mood and style of music.
Thanks for checking it out and commenting. :)

davidstiles wrote:Neat! I like the song, and most of the video. There's a part in the middle with a lengthy instrumental for which I felt the video element lagged in terms of its energy. But otherwise, the dark and weird really worked for me!
Yes, I thought about reworking the visuals for the instrumental section - the slow motion zoom on the dummy head. But I found out YouTube doesn't let you change a video and keep the same URL. Since the video URL is already on a couple of review sites, I am not going to change it now.

Glad you enjoyed most of it. Thanks for the constructive feedback!

layzer wrote:talk to me in basic, talk to me in C
OSX's for sissys, switch me to XP
Talk to me in OEM, talk to me in RPC
Security illusion, nothing's what it seems

Maybe you could submit this to the KVR mix challenge. I'm sure a few people would like to take their hand to it.

Wooo, it's difficult and very elaborate if you not only create a track but also
a video! But you did it, and it matches very well.

The introduction of the video forebodes an digital apocalyptic scene,
and the vocals punctuate this slighty doomy feeling. But some
synth-sounds are very "nice" - for my taste too nice. I would add
some distortion or at least saturation. A more striking sound
perhaps - but that's only my thought.

All in all it's an amazing track. And an even better video.
Thank you! :)
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

yeah...that video is great! and i already liked the track itself.

i really felt like i was watching something off the third mind records label. very intermix/controlled bleeding/in the nursery -ish.

very very good.
ImageImageImage

camsr wrote:Talk to me in OEM, talk to me in RPC
Security illusion, nothing's what it seems
Now I'm waiting for the Weird Al Yankovic version. :D

camsr wrote:Maybe you could submit this to the KVR mix challenge. I'm sure a few people would like to take their hand to it.
Interesting idea but I'm happy with my mix. Plus I wouldn't want to inflict my raw vocals on the KVR mixers. :clown:

Thanks for listening and commenting.

enroe wrote:Wooo, it's difficult and very elaborate if you not only create a track but also
a video! But you did it, and it matches very well.

The introduction of the video forebodes an digital apocalyptic scene,
and the vocals punctuate this slighty doomy feeling. But some
synth-sounds are very "nice" - for my taste too nice. I would add
some distortion or at least saturation. A more striking sound
perhaps - but that's only my thought.

All in all it's an amazing track. And an even better video.
Thank you! :)
I'm glad you enjoyed my low-budget digital apocalypse. In fact, the budget for the video was $0.00. :) I used my webcam, free Linux video software, and public domain video clips.

I understand your comment on the synths. I was going for very minimal, old school synth sounds on this. I guess some distortion could have spiced things up.

Thanks very much for your enthusiastic feedback!

chaosWyrM wrote:yeah...that video is great! and i already liked the track itself.

i really felt like i was watching something off the third mind records label. very intermix/controlled bleeding/in the nursery -ish.

very very good.
Thanks for the nice feedback! You're getting me motivated to do another video. :)

I'm familiar with those bands especially Intermix (FLA side project) and Controlled Bleeding (local New York band). Although I don't recall their videos, I expect they would share a similar gritty, industrial aesthetic that my video has.

Return to “Music Cafe”