moog modular V, love the sound hate the knobs!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so i decided to make more readable knobs.

the original knobs have useless tiny white text and a microscopic dot
on the dial that makes it hard to tell where it is pointing.
ORIGINAL GUI:

NEW GUI:

here is a zipped skinpack file if you wish to change it also...
https://www.sendspace.com/file/t736cq

it is for version 1.2 but you may be able to match the resources to later versions.

enjoy :x
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Forget the knobs. The whole GUI needs to be increased in size, period.

wagtunes wrote:Forget the knobs. The whole GUI needs to be increased in size, period.
hahaa, i totally agree. thats the problem with older VSTs that were made when 800x600 was the popular resolution on your 15" vacuum tube monitor! but this synth drains so little CPU and still sounds great.
my main complaint were the knobs. it was almost unusable at 1440x900 on my 24" LCD. now i can at least
tell where the dials point!

layzer wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Forget the knobs. The whole GUI needs to be increased in size, period.
hahaa, i totally agree. thats the problem with older VSTs that were made when 800x600 was the popular resolution on your 15" vacuum tube monitor! but this synth drains so little CPU and still sounds great.
my main complaint were the knobs. it was almost unusable at 1440x900 on my 24" LCD. now i can at least
Yes, it does sound great and I love it. What I hate is programming it because I need a microscope to do it.

wagtunes wrote:
layzer wrote:
Yes, it does sound great and I love it. What I hate is programming it because I need a microscope to do it.
i'm a total noob at modulars so i decided to pick this to learn the basics on. so far i'm having a
blast learning. but ugh. the gui was driving me nuts. i think i'll enlarge the text labels on the background next. it really does deserve a clearer gui. :borg:

layzer wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
layzer wrote:
i'm a total noob at modulars so i decided to pick this to learn the basics on. so far i'm having a
blast learning. but ugh. the gui was driving me nuts. i think i'll enlarge the text labels on the background next. it really does deserve a clearer gui. :borg:
Is there any way you can actually increase the size as well or is that beyond the scope of what you can do?

Also, will your new skin work on my Modular V?

I guess I have better vision than I thought. The gui on that thing is clear as day to me and I got some big ol' monitors.

I do think in this day and age that major software producers need to get with making their GUIs resizable.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:The gui on that thing is clear as day to me
really? clear as day? you can actually read the original knob gibberage circled in red and make out the knob position indicator dot marked by the green arrow in the magnified picture below?

your monitors must have some kind of anti-blurring technology. for now, i'll
just use new knob and background graphics :wink:

It stands out fine at normal size.

I don't know if that's supposed to be writing. I thought they were just segments to denote different positions. I can tell which direction the knob is pointing with a glance though.

There are a lot of GUIs that are too small these days... I would call out Propellerhead and Korg, but... oh i just did...

This will be the new "wait for 64-bit", except it's the wait for redone GUIs... It'll take ages and many developers will never update them at all because the artist they contracted isn't available or they don't like putting so much effort into old stuff that doesn't sell like new stuff...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

As long as people buy this crap developers won't change much.

Arturia doesn't really care I'm afraid, and the latest AAS Ultra Analog 2 was a great joke in GUI design as well.

The link is down - any chance you could re-upload?

Also, where do you find these assets?

Messe News: After a nice talk with the Arturia Technical Guys on Messe, they said that in future, they will offer for all plugins, GUI resize ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Seriously? :O

I'd given up hope.

Return to “Instruments”