KVR search not working?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Time to time - e.g. right now - KVR Forum search doesn´t seem to work correctly? Have you noticed that, too?

Happens every once in a while

Does on my Android. But seems borked to some degree on my main PC.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

In which way does it not work for you?

sometimes it just says "search unavailable at this time"

Usually doesn't last very long

Lately also it only has given results only for products, developers and news, not forum. E.g. today tested with several waterproof keywords I know existing in the forums, no results.

Sometimes I have that problem too.

There is also "advanced search" for the forums - but try to search e.g. all threads which include
" CLA-3A". I get all those including CLA but not spesific. what I am looking for. Instructions advice using +/- but as bad result with or without +, or how you write the keyword. I want just threads including the item I'm looking for, not "something to that direction".

I think that in this kind of forum search is such a essential tool that it should work and be easy and accurate as possible. If google can implement a rasor sharp search for the whole universe, one forum should be able to do better than the present one. KVR basic search used to work better before the latest big server/data change.

Alternatively you can use Google to do the searching by adding "site:kvraudio.com" at the end of your search string. In example: CLA-3A site:kvraudio.com. You can also force it to find only specific phrases by quoting the word(s) you're looking for, "CLA-3A". It's better than the search function here.

And the product page -> forum tab is a good way to find threads about plugins too, though it's a fairly new feature and because of that doesn't go back several years. I've found that quite useful recently.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”