So... Tracktion.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Pro

damn the new look looks good

i demoed tracktion along time ago,but the GUI didnt really feel right to me

how are the features compaired to say ableton,studio one pro etc,does this have anything that those others dont have?

i will try to demo this again

its just a good sequencer... it dont have all the bells and whistles you can take granted from s1 or live...

baaz wrote:its just a good sequencer... it dont have all the bells and whistles you can take granted from s1 or live...
Tracktion eschews a different paradigm to conventional DAW's, as does Ableton Live. I wouldn't suggest it is any way less capable than any other DAW's though; I'm not sure what bells and whistles you're referring to? Not being familiar with Studio 1, I'm pretty sure that there's not much Ableton Live does (aside from session view and m4l) that Tracktion can't do? However, Live has no comping functionality, plugin tagging, flexible freeze points, etc - all of which Tracktion does (and Ableton users are requesting - tagging and comping are currently the 4th and 5th highest requested features).

TL;DR - Tracktion is far more than a "good sequencer".
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:
baaz wrote:its just a good sequencer... it dont have all the bells and whistles you can take granted from s1 or live...
Tracktion eschews a different paradigm to conventional DAW's, as does Ableton Live. I wouldn't suggest it is any way less capable than any other DAW's though; I'm not sure what bells and whistles you're referring to? Not being familiar with Studio 1, I'm pretty sure that there's not much Ableton Live does (aside from session view and m4l) that Tracktion can't do? However, Live has no comping functionality, plugin tagging, flexible freeze points, etc - all of which Tracktion does (and Ableton users are requesting - tagging and comping are currently the 4th and 5th highest requested features).

i didn't say that Tracktion is any way "inferior" at what it does, its just a good and capable audio n MIDI sequencer nothing more or less... it packs nothing like "production suites".
and as far as bells and whistles go there is a big difference what s1 or live can offer over tracktion, like in s1 you get IR maker (Impulse Response Modeller), Groove Extraction & bread n butter transient detection, Multitrack Quantization, Control Link, Note(MIDI) fx, Mastering Page with em fancy meters and Red Book CD burning.
Built in effects in s1 are damn good and instruments are decent too ( tracktion comes bundled with mda plugs lol they are freely available for every DAW and the analog synth pack they package with tracktion lol they are just facy guis on top of free mda synths)

cant comment about live i never used it but i've heard good things about included fx and synths especially operator synth.

just for the record i admire tracktion for minimalistic approach i've left s1 for tracktion. i tend to stick with hosts that just do what they are supposed to do like reaper, tracktion, podium etc. since i dont use those bells and whistles offered in production suites they are just "bloat" for me and i dont like paying for bloat. :hihi:

Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Nice Job !

mcnelson wrote:

Either you have never used Tracktion or live or any other DAW, Tracktion is inferior in many many ways to pretty much every other DAW out there, considering i have been a Tracktion user since it existed, have owned every version and have also either owned or taught pretty much every other DAW on the market, i say this with quite some confidence, just because you do not like that simple fact, does not make it any less so, however, there are a few things that Tracktion even in it's earliest incarnations did better than most other DAWs do now.
Penis length comparisons of DAW to DAW are pretty pointless, Studio 1 is missing some very basic features in my opinion, does not mean it is not a very impressive DAW for example.
Duh

Agreed, a feature by feature comparison is pointless; my point is, it's more than just a "good sequencer" and continues to mature with each version.

FWIW, also been using Tracktion since v1 (2004) and Live since 2011.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”