Another pop instrumental from me. (Need advice on mixing)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm currently confused on how to mix this kind of song, especially the strings.

Basically i split the string into 4 main instruments : bass, cello, viola, violin. I feel like the mixing on the string section is still not good enough.

So, does anyone else have suggestion for me on how to mix 4 different string instruments? Or maybe other mixing suggestion about other part of the song?

:pray:

https://soundcloud.com/xamido/strings
musisikamar.com

This sounds like a pop ballad missing vocals. If there were vocals, the vocals would be upfront. The piano and strings would be supporting the vocals with the strings placed further back in the mix with some reverb.

As an instrumental, I'm not sure what to tell you since it seems incomplete. I guess I would still push the strings back in the mix with reverb.

Echo Frantz, the mix sounds clean enough but it seems like the strings and piano are fighting for focus at times. i'd push the strings back, some verb on the hats and snare could also give the piano some breathing room too.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks for the comment, especially frantz. You've given a lot of nice suggestion on my music, and i really appreciate it.

I guess i should lower the level on the strings then. Actually it's supposed to be some sort of backing track, it was requested by a friend. That's why there's a hole in the arrangement cause it was supposed to have vocal.
musisikamar.com

Return to “Music Cafe”