Tone 2 - Saurus 2 is available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

No no, I never got that far :hihi: I meant the demo mode, with that loud yelling...

fluffy_little_something wrote:No no, I never got that far :hihi: I meant the demo mode, with that loud yelling...
I get your point.

I bought it at a good price in the KVR Charity Auction last year at the last minute, so I didn't really demo it, just wanted a bargain

And so far hasn't disappointed me.

Numanoid wrote:I prefer the Tone 2 method over u-he in this regard.

But even if don't prefer u-he's way of doing copy protection, I don't go "oh Urs, paranoid paranoid Urs" because of that
Don't intentionally misrepresent what I said. Markus is a paranoid guy. His software phones home constantly (constantly), the serial key is checked constantly (constantly). His installers search for blacklisted keys and delete them. His software searches for blacklisted keys and deletes them (both methods will only look in the folder of installation though, no subfolders). He's updated the copy protection behind the Tone2 products with most every new product despite there not having been a cracked Tone2 release in years. The accusations made against him by that AiR piracy group oh so long ago were really mostly true.

I said that because my assumption is that Markus is paranoid that people will have too much access to the software if they aren't forced out after 20 minutes. That people won't pay for it otherwise. To force GUI focus on the dialogue box implies that directly.

Urs isn't paranoid. He's wicked bright and passionate. I wouldn't say Urs is paranoid and I didn't say Markus was "just cus I dont wike his copy pwotecttiooon!!".

fluffy_little_something wrote:But there are people who only want to have one good bread-and-butter synth (which Saurus is a candidate for)
KingTuck wrote:Don't intentionally misrepresent what I said. Markus is a paranoid guy. His software phones home constantly (constantly), the serial key is checked constantly (constantly). His installers search for blacklisted keys and delete them. His software searches for blacklisted keys and deletes them (both methods will only look in the folder of installation though, no subfolders). He's updated the copy protection behind the Tone2 products with most every new product despite there not having been a cracked Tone2 release in years. The accusations made against him by that AiR piracy group oh so long ago were really mostly true.
Are you one of the users mentioned by FLS or are you just using the occasion to crusade against Tone2 ?

I mean if you feel Tone 2 is the Darth Vader of the plugin world, why don't you just use other software?

I'm just getting tired to see any thread related to Tone2 software boil down to the same old accusations

Phoning home constantly? Does that mean it doesn't work on a computer without Internet access? 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Phoning home constantly? Does that mean it doesn't work on a computer without Internet access? 8)
Telephone line
give me some time
i'm living in twilight

(Jeff Lynne)

8)
Last edited by murnau on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

People call me on the phone
I'm trying to avoid
but can the people on TV see me
or am I just paranoid?

(Rockwell)

Numanoid wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:But there are people who only want to have one good bread-and-butter synth (which Saurus is a candidate for)
KingTuck wrote:Don't intentionally misrepresent what I said. Markus is a paranoid guy. His software phones home constantly (constantly), the serial key is checked constantly (constantly). His installers search for blacklisted keys and delete them. His software searches for blacklisted keys and deletes them (both methods will only look in the folder of installation though, no subfolders). He's updated the copy protection behind the Tone2 products with most every new product despite there not having been a cracked Tone2 release in years. The accusations made against him by that AiR piracy group oh so long ago were really mostly true.
Are you one of the users mentioned by FLS or are you just using the occasion to crusade against Tone2 ?

I mean if you feel Tone 2 is the Darth Vader of the plugin world, why don't you just use other software?

I'm just getting tired to see any thread related to Tone2 software boil down to the same old accusations
I own Gladiator, Nemesis, and Elektra 2. Love them very much.
Ha ha suck it!

Let's get back to the topic shall we. I like Tone2 stuff, but the 2.0 update is underwhelming for me. Most of the changes are sound engine, not features. It should have been a 1.5 update.
musisikamar.com

Numanoid wrote:

+1

Check out the Tone2 Electra 2 thread and you'll see many of his same negative comments there: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=375.

I think Abraham Lincoln said it best when he said, "Haters gonna hate; trollers gonna troll".

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

xamido wrote:Let's get back to the topic shall we. I like Tone2 stuff, but the 2.0 update is underwhelming for me. Most of the changes are sound engine, not features. It should have been a 1.5 update.
I'll grant you that. I think the Electra 2 update was a little more significant.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote:
xamido wrote:Let's get back to the topic shall we. I like Tone2 stuff, but the 2.0 update is underwhelming for me. Most of the changes are sound engine, not features. It should have been a 1.5 update.
I'll grant you that. I think the Electra 2 update was a little more significant.

Steve
It's pretty killer, imo.

I did a test and recorded a lead with the Menschlich patch in Saurus, then tried to find something similar in the Arturia Mini V and Diva. Didn't, and that makes me edge toward buying it even more. There actually does seem to be stuff Saurus can do that those other (excellent) synths can't.

I'm frankly a little surprised as well as miffed, I just bought Diva last week. Oh well, it's still an amazing synth, can't imagine too many here would argue that.

Or maybe I'm underestimating KVR :lol:
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
planetearth wrote:

Steve
It's pretty killer, imo.

I did a test and recorded a lead with the Menschlich patch in Saurus, then tried to find something similar in the Arturia Mini V and Diva. Didn't, and that makes me edge toward buying it even more. There actually does seem to be stuff Saurus can do that those other (excellent) synths can't.

I'm frankly a little surprised as well as miffed, I just bought Diva last week. Oh well, it's still an amazing synth, can't imagine too many here would argue that.

Or maybe I'm underestimating KVR :lol:
No, I think you're on the right track--but watch what you say about Diva. There are some real "u-he fanboys" on here. :wink:

DISCLAIMER: I like u-He and Urs' products just fine. They have some great stuff. So save your letters and phone calls asking for my resignation, lads. It's a damn synth; it's not the cure for cancer.

Steve

Just revisited the demo, it does sound very good. Its envelopes can sound very punchy and snappy, if one turns the phase knob in the osc section clockwise. Fast enough for percussion and drum sounds.

And it must be highly optimized because despite 0df filters and effects on, I can use several instances on my AMD computer, which says a lot...

I also like the interface, it is one of the few out there where I don't have to stare, yet it does not paralyze my graphics card the way Diva or Hive does, nor fill my whole screen, especially when hiding the virtual keyboard.

The LFO's don't have sine waves, but I suppose that is what all those sine options in the matrix are for 8)

They have a demo for it already? Have to check them out.

I used to own Saurus 1 but then i sell it because i needed money for another GAS at the time (of course :lol: ). I might need to revisit it then.
musisikamar.com

Return to “Instruments”