Tone 2 - Saurus 2 is available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

Nemesis sounding pretty great in your hands, Mac.

Thank you, Phase47, coming from you it's a big compiment :) Actually, Nemesis is truly fantastic, I've already recorded three whole albums with it only and used it in a huge number of tracks, and it still is a source of inspiration every time I turn it on...

Mac of BIOnighT wrote:Tone2 synths only:

https://macofbionight.bandcamp.com/album/dimmig-v-g (Nemesis)

https://macofbionight.bandcamp.com/albu ... -series-03 (Rayblaster)

https://macofbionight.bandcamp.com/album/memoirs-vol-01 (Nemesis)

https://macofbionight.bandcamp.com/album/memoirs-vol-02 (Nemesis)

Stop at the trite dancey presets and it's not the instruments' fault if they sound plastic-like and dull, go beyond, be a musician and they will repay your efforts.
Great stuff - could be an ad for Tone2 :)
At any rate, I'm traveling much soon but will be giving all your work a proper listen when there's time. Curious if you started with a lot of the presets or scratch sound design. I haven't demoed the Tone2 gear in a while (trying to cure my GAS for a while) but don't recall a lot of those sounds.

In any case, I quite like Saurus' sound but have that ground covered. Will be interesting to see if V2 breaks some new ground.

Phase47 wrote:Nemesis sounding pretty great in your hands, Mac.
Phase47: Really digging your work too. Reminds me of a lot of the ambient on Dewtone Recordings label. Not kissing-butt here but I gotta start getting more of my music from the KVR footers. :)

Thank you, JoeCat, very kind of you, I sincerely appreciate it :) No presets, actually I work as a sound designer for Tone2 (and there isn't a single preset in any of all my albums, anyway), but that's not the reason why I talk in favor of their instruments. I could say the very same things for the vast majority of free instruments, for example: 99% of what I use is freeware. Yet, I occasionally get emails from people who want to know what analog instruments I used in this or that album, while I read in forums pages and pages of people wasting time comparing technicalities trying to prove the superiority of software or hardware. My point is, it's not the instruments that make music, but the musician. I always read criticism against instrument such and such, and most of the time it is totally unjustified, and it only comes from the inability of that person to be a musician and use an instrument for what it can give. Again, I'm not referring to Tone2, but to every single instrument out there. Most criticism is not objective, but based on personal taste and (in)ability to generate music. It makes no sense to criticize an instrument whose surface you've barely scratched and wait for the next costly toy that will allow you to press a button and pretend to be a musician. Be a real musician and you'll discover every instrument has something to say.
Of course, with some machines there just can't be love, you just don't feel comfortable with them and never will, no use wasting time, there's nothing wrong with that, but saying they suck can't be considered objective criticism, it's just personal taste.
I don't know, I guess I'm just tired of people splitting hairs about instrument instead of questioning and nurturing their own skills, which is what every artist should do.

Mac of BIOnighT wrote:Thank you, JoeCat, very kind of you, I sincerely appreciate it :) No presets, actually I work as a sound designer for Tone2 (and there isn't a single preset in any of all my albums, anyway), but that's not the reason why I talk in favor of their instruments. I could say the very same things for the vast majority of free instruments, for example: 99% of what I use is freeware. Yet, I occasionally get emails from people who want to know what analog instruments I used in this or that album, while I read in forums pages and pages of people wasting time comparing technicalities trying to prove the superiority of software or hardware. My point is, it's not the instruments that make music, but the musician. I always read criticism against instrument such and such, and most of the time it is totally unjustified, and it only comes from the inability of that person to be a musician and use an instrument for what it can give. Again, I'm not referring to Tone2, but to every single instrument out there. Most criticism is not objective, but based on personal taste and (in)ability to generate music. It makes no sense to criticize an instrument whose surface you've barely scratched and wait for the next costly toy that will allow you to press a button and pretend to be a musician. Be a real musician and you'll discover every instrument has something to say.
Of course, with some machines there just can't be love, you just don't feel comfortable with them and never will, no use wasting time, there's nothing wrong with that, but saying they suck can't be considered objective criticism, it's just personal taste.
I don't know, I guess I'm just tired of people splitting hairs about instrument instead of questioning and nurturing their own skills, which is what every artist should do.
Bravo! :clap:

There is no way I can top that.

I always say, it's not the synth but the synthesist.

But... but... but digital synths have STEPPY STAIRS! How can I be a musician when I'm CONSTANTLY FALLING DOWN THE STAIRS?!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

wagtunes wrote: I always say, it's not the synth but the synthesist.
Exactly :)

Sendy wrote:But... but... but digital synths have STEPPY STAIRS! How can I be a musician when I'm CONSTANTLY FALLING DOWN THE STAIRS?!
Best solution: an elevator ;-P

Mac of BIOnighT wrote:
Sendy wrote:But... but... but digital synths have STEPPY STAIRS! How can I be a musician when I'm CONSTANTLY FALLING DOWN THE STAIRS?!
Best solution: an elevator ;-P
Like this? http://www.elevayta.net/service.htm

Are they analog plugins? :hyper:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Ah ah, no, wrong spelling ;-P

wagtunes wrote:

Do you mean sythesist v1 or v2.. :lol:

Seriously, a few posts before you talked about the plastic sound you hear in every Tone2 synth. Mac replied toward your comment then and you applaude now making your statement before exactly be what?

Shhhhhhh.. some people.. :dog:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Do you mean sythesist v1 or v2.. :lol:

Seriously, a few posts before you talked about the plastic sound you hear in every Tone2 synth. Mac replied toward your comment then and you applaude now making your statement before exactly be what?

Shhhhhhh.. some people.. :dog:
Man, you just don't give up. You're like a dog with a bone. Hey, I get it. You don't like me. Feeling is mutual. So can we just stay out of each other's way?

And for the record, yes, I think Tone 2's synths have a "plastic" sound. Where did I ever say that a plastic sound is bad? I own Rayblaster and Electra 2 and love them both, plastic sound and all.

So please do me a favor and get off my f---ing back already.

JoeCat wrote:
Phase47 wrote:Nemesis sounding pretty great in your hands, Mac.
Phase47: Really digging your work too. Reminds me of a lot of the ambient on Dewtone Recordings label. Not kissing-butt here but I gotta start getting more of my music from the KVR footers. :)
Cheers - thanks, Joe!

He's also part of Ascendant with good ol' S1gns of L1fe, listen to those albums as well :)

Return to “Instruments”