Tone 2 - Saurus 2 is available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

paulevs wrote: mine says Tone2 Saurus - Analog Synthesizer, no mention of Saurus 2, I wouldn't have posted anything if it wasn't exactly like the Saurus 1 I was just using before I bought the upgrade. Thanks though.
It was probably installed in the wrong directory.

paulevs wrote:
Frantz wrote:
paulevs wrote:I just purchased the Saurus 2 upgrade and installed it but, everything literally looks the same and there is nowhere to check the version number. I'm not sure anything is different. I just paid around $70 for this but I don't think anything happened.
Show the keyboard. It says Saurus2 just above it. :)
mine says Tone2 Saurus - Analog Synthesizer, no mention of Saurus 2, I wouldn't have posted anything if it wasn't exactly like the Saurus 1 I was just using before I bought the upgrade. Thanks though.
If yours doesn't say "Tone2 Saurus2" above the keyboard, you should un-install all versions of Saurus (old and new), and re-install the new one.
Saurus2.jpg
You could also check the properties of the .DLL file.
Saurus2-properties.jpg
You may have not installed in correctly, or something may have gone wrong during the installation. But as you can see from these two screenshots, there is a "version 2" of Saurus.

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Thanks everybody for the help and Steve, in my case when I checked the properties of the .dll it said version 2 but still acted like version 1. I finally uninstalled everything Saurus related, the program and all expansions and soundsets and reinstalled version 2 and then the expansions and soundsets and it finally worked.

paulevs wrote:Thanks everybody for the help and Steve, in my case when I checked the properties of the .dll it said version 2 but still acted like version 1. I finally uninstalled everything Saurus related, the program and all expansions and soundsets and reinstalled version 2 and then the expansions and soundsets and it finally worked.
No worries. You'd be hard-pressed to determine the version just by looking at it--or even digging into it much. :wink: But, technically, it's version 2.0.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote:You'd be hard-pressed to determine the version just by looking at it--or even digging into it much. :wink: But, technically, it's version 2.0.

Steve
I seriously wish that *every* dev would make sure their DLL files themselves contained version info you can see in the Windows properties inspector (and the equivalent on Mac if there is such a thing). You should be able to tell what version a file is without running your DAW and opening the plugin, among other reasons because when it's running is exactly the one time you know you're NOT going to update it. Making sure things are up to date is a regular housekeeping chore, it should be as easy and simple and unambiguous as possible.

I'm pretty certain all that's needed is a one-time modification to their build process. After that, all that's needed on an ongoing basis is to update the resource that says what build it is, which they have to do anyway a) to show it in the UI, and b) for general sanity's sake.

A lot of thrash could be avoided if build info is clearly available in the files, and current version info is clearly available on the dev's web site.

dwozzle wrote:
planetearth wrote:You'd be hard-pressed to determine the version just by looking at it--or even digging into it much. :wink: But, technically, it's version 2.0.

Steve
I seriously wish that *every* dev would make sure their DLL files themselves contained version info you can see in the Windows properties inspector (and the equivalent on Mac if there is such a thing). You should be able to tell what version a file is without running your DAW and opening the plugin, among other reasons because when it's running is exactly the one time you know you're NOT going to update it. Making sure things are up to date is a regular housekeeping chore, it should be as easy and simple and unambiguous as possible.

I'm pretty certain all that's needed is a one-time modification to their build process. After that, all that's needed on an ongoing basis is to update the resource that says what build it is, which they have to do anyway a) to show it in the UI, and b) for general sanity's sake.

A lot of thrash could be avoided if build info is clearly available in the files, and current version info is clearly available on the dev's web site.

I couldn't agree more, that's why I like the Omnisphere approach. One click of a button and you see what version you currently have and if there are any updates available just click it and start downloading. Hopefully Tone2 will impliment something like this one day.

Still trying to decide if it is worth upgading. I own Saurus 1 and don't use it much - while I like the GUI and the general concept, there is something about the sound that puts me off, some kind of plastic weirdness at the high frequencies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuUFqUG1SaI

This video shows somehow better sound, a bit cleaner, tighter and more detailed.

So I'm curious about the sound engine improvements, are they indeed that big? Do you really like the sound of Saurus 2 more than the first version?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”