demo crash

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just downloaded the demo for Patchwork and upon instantiating it immediately freezes my computer. I was hoping to use it to route Omnisphere into Pro Tools HD 8 running on Windows 7 with 16 gigs of RAM (Dual quad core Xeon 3.2 processors). This is a shame since it appears to be perfect for my needs but is obviously useless if it crashes. Any insight on how to get it to work? Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our plug-in. It seems that one some configurations the demo causes a freeze (Pro Tools not responding). Is this what you get or is it actually a crash (Pro Tools quitting)?

If Pro Tools freezes, it seems that instantiating the plug-in from the mix windows (instead of the edit window) works. This is due to the demo version popup. If you get a crash then maybe it is another problem.

Yes, "freeze" would be a more appropriate term. Pro Tools freezes and Windows freezes requiring a reboot. Sometimes this happens immediately, sometimes after a few minutes, but it always happens. It sounds like you're saying that this is a component of the demo and not the actual plugin?... Regardless, since I needed a solution quickly and had no way of knowing that, I had to assume the plugin would behave like the demo so I moved on. Currently Bidule is working nicely but perhaps I'll come back around to Patchwork if Bidule starts to fall short. Thanks for your response!

If the freeze does not occur instantly then it could be something else... We'll have to investigate.

I'm trying to remember the details. If my memory serves me I tried the demo 3 times - the first 2 times the freeze was after a few seconds. The third time I was actually able to try out the plugin for a bit, load other plugins into it, etc, but when I opened a browser to answer an email the computer froze again, this was probably ten minutes after instantiating the plugin. My computer has never frozen like this before or since so I definitely believe that Patchwork was the culprit each time. Good luck with your investigation!

This looks like an issue that we used to have with the AAX version, when Pro Tools' "Auto Save" was on. Some plug-ins did not like being saved while Pro Tools was doing something else... Have you tried to disable auto save by any chance?

Next version (1.7 - expected soon) will include the same fix that did for AAX in the RTAS version, so this will hopefully fix this problem.

No, sorry. I never tried disabling auto save. That's something that I would rather not work without anyway. If I perceive a need maybe I'll check out the version 1.7 demo when it's available. Thanks again for your responsiveness.

For sure you probably want to keep auto save on. It was just a way to try to understand where the crash cam from. v1.7 is available btw.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”