The Hive Hexagon Thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

How about a chord generator, but instead of just transposing the chord it is adopted to a selected, easily switchable scale.

mindbeet wrote:How about a chord generator, but instead of just transposing the chord it is adopted to a selected, easily switchable scale.
+1(00)

mindbeet wrote:How about a chord generator, but instead of just transposing the chord it is adopted to a selected, easily switchable scale.
:tu:
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

I cannot believe Hive would go in this direction, but given something it's something I'm seeing somewhat increasingly lately, and no one else has brought it up...

Granular Synthesis? drop an audio file into the hexagon and control it with the XY pads and other features named in this thread? Camel Audio Alchemy I believe can do Granular and everyone seems to be looking at it for inspiration in this thread ^^.

I'm having difficulty coming up with ideas that would make Hive's workflow faster. If anything, I've honestly been trying to come up with ideas that make it deeper. If speed is truly the name of the game then more visualization would definitely help. Move a parameter, like an ADSR parameter, and you'll see a big 3D envelope in the hexagon. Detune or modulate a waveform, and you'll see it happening in real-time, and so on. More importantly would involve making highlights for the mod-matrix as well as potentially adding Macro controls.

This would push Hive down the Spire/Serum route as opposed to Alchemy/Zebra route with any sort of XY pad. That's not bad at all - but if that's the case, I'd still ideally like many more waveforms (Spire has a ton - instruments, vocals, etc) and other features to broaden it's abilities given that Hive is not a real wavetable synth.

Lejurai wrote: And that sequencer could still be a bit longer :tu:
Nah, let's keep it simple.
[Insert Signature Here]

[
Aiynzahev wrote:Cat pictures, updated daily. Options for cats in space theme.

OR

Another Hive, with another Hive inside it's hexagon, and so on ad infinitum. This is where GUI resizing comes in handy.
-1 :P
[Insert Signature Here]

jmob wrote:I would like to see a search function for patches. There are so many and Imagine there will be many more. Without search, browsing patches becomes tedious. And since the names are not alway descriptive, having some meta data that we can search through would be a valuable feature.
Or you could just go through all the patches yourself and put them in separate folders based on the type of patch (i.e., Basses, Plucks, etc). It'd be dead easy to do as there really aren't that many patches to have to go through. I plan on doing that as soon as I have more free time.
[Insert Signature Here]

I'm sure that the factory ones will be better organised for the final release anyway.

Two ramp generators, with the ability to modulate the master volume. The LFOs, it would be cool if they could also modulate the master volume. Using LFO's and modulating the volumes of the oscillators isn't the same sound.

XY modulators BUT ONLY WITH ability to record them (like in Rob Papen's Raw) :) else XY are not cool anymore :D

Looks like The Hive is the only piece of software (not backed up by any hardware) that was mentioned by Sonicstate messe blog.

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2015/04/ ... ay-3-tech/
Murderous duck!

Last edited by lofty on Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Another suggestion wich might be a little overhead

MSEGS :D

even 1 mseg would be cool to make some nasty sound modulation with pitch

machinesworking wrote:Two ramp generators, with the ability to modulate the master volume. The LFOs, it would be cool if they could also modulate the master volume. Using LFO's and modulating the volumes of the oscillators isn't the same sound.
Modulate filter volumes?

Have a simple ADSR, OSC, LFO for the lovers of simple.
BUT have a button for Freely drawable Env, Osc, Lfo, Filter for the rest of us.
All in a same visual window, using the same tools. Double click add new point, drag the middle
point to shape.
Ok, i guess that will be most likely Zebra3 :hihi:

(Leaving out the free drawed Osc could go to Hive! :) )

Return to “u-he”