The Hive Hexagon Thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Shiek927 wrote: There probably should be a limit to the amount of hexagons ^^;.
No, no, no! Hexagons within hexagons. Hexagons all the way down. A complete and total inception of hexagons. You know it makes sense. ;-)

[Goes off to look up hexagon acquisition syndrome...]

garryknight wrote:
Shiek927 wrote: There probably should be a limit to the amount of hexagons ^^;.
No, no, no! Hexagons within hexagons. Hexagons all the way down. A complete and total inception of hexagons. You know it makes sense. ;-)

[Goes off to look up hexagon acquisition syndrome...]
Haha :hihi:

I'm curious to know more about this third hexagon. If any of the ideas we've contributed have gone into it. Perhaps u-he went in a completely different direction.

I can't wait to find out ^^.

Kindly, put a instance of zebra in there.

Any new ideas from any KVR users on the third hexagon? :)

I'm personally hoping for something like Spire's "WtMix" knob where you can bend and 'morph' between different waveforms. That would definitely help with increasing the amount of tones. Especially if we have a new panoply of waveforms to play with :).

Shiek927 wrote: I'm personally hoping for something like Spire's "WtMix" knob
That would also make it something like a Massive Lite, if such a thing could be imagined...

Shiek927 wrote:Any new ideas from any KVR users on the third hexagon? :)
I would like more waveforms or some waveform warping of some sort, but it would make more sense in the osc section.

I think most are awaiting the poll that will inevitably be won by some x/y patch morph variant. Kind of makes sense considering the (somewhat tongue in cheek?) target user base.

At any rate, i think they should just stick some single cycle fixed (switchable from pre and post filter) waveform visualizer in there and be done with it. That's my idea, maybe not the best. Would look good in demos and be fairly useful and it's somehow satisfying to see what your waveform looks like, for some reason.

A sort of window/install into a vast library of community presets. This "window" would let the user browse/search this online library, preview them, and perform a simple selective install of one, or multiple presets at the click of a button. Would allow folder management etc.
JW
CWO2 USMC Retired
Laconia, Indiana

HoosierGuy wrote:A sort of window/install into a vast library of community presets. This "window" would let the user browse/search this online library, preview them, and perform a simple selective install of one, or multiple presets at the click of a button. Would allow folder management etc.
I think this would be a cool feature on their website. I believe uhe still plans to add a search feature to their plugins preset modules which would help with management.

Sorry, we've been pretty quiet in here lately. That's mostly because we're all in release mode for an upcoming maintenance update of pretty much all our plug-ins. Once that's done we're getting a whole lot closer to putting more thought into this 8)

I think that anything "patch browsing" should be part of the preset browser. We have discussed interfacing to the PatchLib at http://www.u-he.com/PatchLib/ with some sort of "check for new preset packs" option. Not sure if that's feasible though.

As for wavetable manipulation tools - I could imagine that, if it stays simple, efficient and if it doesn't try to compete with Zebra.

We'll see, keep ideas coming :)

how about an IR loader with convolution for the hexagon? :)

just for sound color..

That is probably better as part of Effects tab... But that one is pretty much chock full already.

Isn't IR technology usually cpu intensive? The thing that Hive is not to be?
rsp
sound sculptist

i would suggest a massive hexagonal button linking to this thread.

EvilDragon wrote:That is probably better as part of Effects tab... But that one is pretty much chock full already.
nah, this would be cool with a nice sample editor, so an own hexagon with waveform display would make more sense imo.

zvenx wrote:Isn't IR technology usually cpu intensive? The thing that Hive is not to be?
rsp
Depends on the algorithm and implementation, and most obviously - the length of the IR itself. The longer the IR, the more CPU needs to work at it.

Return to “u-he”