New Chainer Plugin from Plug&Mix

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

heks wrote:
Teksonik wrote: Out of curiosity why would you want or need to change the default ? There are four other slots for extra folders so I guess I don't see the need to change the default. :)
I just wanted to tidy things up as I'm getting multiple entry's of plugins. Some plugins seem to automatically install in C drive even if you point them elsewhere when installing. No biggy but it would be nice to have been able to have made a folder with only the plugins I wanted the chainer to "see" and then chose to load.
Can you uncheck the duplicates in the Manager list ? (Unchecked plugins do not show here). :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Could somebody make this clear for me?

I have downloaded and use the VIP bundle in AU version (Logic) and I am now downloading the Chainer 1.2.0 so my question is: if I want to use the Chainer with the VIP bundle in VST version (Bitwig), do I need to also download the VIP bundle in VST version or will the Chainer just work in Bitwig?

Rephrasing: do I need a third download of all the P&M plugs or only two (the VIP bundle in AU and the Chainer) in order to have the plugs function in Bitwig (through the Chainer)?

Fleer wrote: Rephrasing: do I need a third download of all the P&M plugs or only two (the VIP bundle in AU and the Chainer) in order to have the plugs function in Bitwig (through the Chainer)?
So long as you only want to access the PM plugins via the Chainer, you don't need to download the separate VST plugin bundle (they are already part of Chainer, in their own format).
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Thanks, vic_france.
Does this mean I could also get rid of the already downloaded AU versions and just use the Chainer in Logic and in Bitwig? Or would there be a reason to still hold on to the AU versions?
Anyhow, this Chainer really looks amazing. Love it :tu:

Fleer wrote:Thanks, vic_france.
Does this mean I could also get rid of the already downloaded AU versions and just use the Chainer in Logic and in Bitwig? Or would there be a reason to still hold on to the AU versions?
Anyhow, this Chainer really looks amazing. Love it :tu:
Well, I haven't seen any tests to show whether the fact of loading a plugin via Chainer (or any other shell, for that matter) induces any extra latency. At any rate, I have encountered any such problems myself.
Other than that, I think the only question is.. "Do you really need to regain that extra disk space?" ;) )
One thing worth noticing.. because the PM plugins have their own native preset system, you can save/load freely between the different formats of the same plugin (e.g. save a preset in an AU version, then still be able to reload that preset for the same PM plugin in Chainer).
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Cheers, vic_france, thank you for sharing your insight. Great advice!
For anyone who's still on the fence, certainly when you already have the VIP bundle:

this Chainer is a no-brainer :party:

Teksonik wrote: Can you uncheck the duplicates in the Manager list ? (Unchecked plugins do not show here). :)
Sorry for taking awhile to get back to you Tek. Yes I can uncheck plugins, I found it a bit of a "hit and miss" going on as they,re listed by company/programmer no location. I will have to spend some time and have a "tidy up" of all my vst folders. One other thing I noticed, if there are different versions of a plugin say Reaktor or Absynth 5 Fx it does not inform of type such as standard or surround.

Would have loved a fully functioning Chainer for VIP bundle owners instead of a VST demo, though :)
Paying as much for a full Chainer as we did for the bundle seems awkward, especially since new modules were promised a year ago, or at least their inclusion as part of the purchased bundle.
Maybe P&M can differentiate between VIP bundle owners and others.

There where many, many plugins addad for free to then bundle since it's initial release...

rasmusklump wrote:There where many, many plugins addad for free to then bundle since it's initial release...
Not since I jumped in last September ...
Still, it's great that we got Chainer as an unexpected present, but I would like to get rid of the demo reference :)

Anyone got any Midi Vst (Arps) like Crème, Nora, Cthulhu to play in this thing? (Demo)

I can't..

aMUSEd wrote:
Nomad26 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Nick Hamilton wrote:
vic_france wrote:
dmbaer wrote: It's my understanding that neither will host VST 3 plug-ins. Have I got that right?
Yes. At the moment, only MetaPlugin or Plogue Bidule for loading VST3.
Hello everyone,

The P&M chainer does support VST3.

Best Regards,

Nick
What about AU?
Hello Everyone,

Actually P&M Chainer do not support VST3, only VST2, we are talking about adding VST3 support in the future but there is no time frame.

Regarding AU, we are not planning to support AU because almost all plug-ins on the market are VST & AU plug-ins, most of the AU plug-ins uses internal wrapper to build AU binaries, if not internal, it can be external, in fact a VST plug-in is located inside the AU.component.

Plug-ins that are not VST are actually made by Apple and maybe some other companies, frankly, I don't know.

If you have some AU plug-ins that are not VST, please feel free to post their names and companies who are making those plug-ins and we will be happy to take a look at it.
All Sinevibes plugins
Cakewalk z3ta2
Padshop Pro
All current steinberg mac
Audio spillage drum stuff

Its $19,00 on jrrshop today. Do you older users recommend?

It looks awesome. My biggest hesitation was I heard it didn't have delay compensation so if you have plugins with latency loaded up in the rack(s), the tracks where you load up the chainer on will be out of sync with everything else

Correct me if I'm wrong please but that's what I gathered when I researched a whole back

Return to “Effects”