Someone has to be the nag - when's version 9 coming out??

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What about introducing different versions of MXXX - for the Creative Bundle, for the Mixing Bundle and for the Total Bundle (and maybe even one for the Free Bundle with the free effects only)? And then there could be upgrade prices! :idea:

That means a lot more people could buy MXXX, not only the guys with the big mansions! :wink:

Ups, I'm a little late :D. So, first thank you folks! :love: Now to the questions:

- VST/VST3 locations - vectorwarrior, could you contact me via info@meldaproduction.com? What you are saying looks like a bug to me, but a very odd one, I have checked and everything seems to be fine. The VST3 locations are specified by standard, so they cannot be changed anyway, that's why it is not there anymore. Anyway thank you!! :love:

- Svama & subplugin licences - first of all, YES, there will be a preset action! Once the dust settles :D. Now, what you are asking for (separate licences) is more like a technical problem actually, a pretty huge one to be honest. I'll think about it though. The whole marketing thing about MXXX is yet to be decided :). That's why it is for MTotalBundle users only for now.

- Tricky & bundle licences - hmmm, that sounds easier to do than Svama's idea, though it's less general. Damn, I need some time to think about all this :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Bundle licenses sound good, but doesn't work, so I couldn't combine the delay from the creative bundle with the mautodynamiceq from the mastering bundle. This makes mxxx obsolete and uninteresting.
I would see the whole as a construction kit. Every plugin you own you can use inside mxxx.
In my situation I already own mmastering and mcreativebundle and some separate plugins, which build in the whole the mtotalbundle, so I don't see a reasonable point to buy mtotalbundle at the moment. No real benefit besides mxxx.

Think about it twice, three times, how long you need, but the construction kit idea would be the burner :tu: :pray: .

Thanks and greets

Mattel

Hi Vojtech
I'm a little confused about two things:
- if I install the MAudioPlugins 9.00b1 installer, the MXXX v9 in it will behave like any other melda plugin and after 15 days will start to produce that noise ocassionally, or because it's a beta, the 15 days policy won't be applied to it ? (as a note, I don't own the MTotalBundle).
- at the bottom of the download page I see you listed the MXXX v8.10 as being Free. What's up with that? From what I remember, before the v9, MXXX wasn't available for download. How come it is now? And how come it is listed as being Free?
Svama wrote:Bundle licenses sound good, but doesn't work, so I couldn't combine the delay from the creative bundle with the mautodynamiceq from the mastering bundle. This makes mxxx obsolete and uninteresting.
I would see the whole as a construction kit. Every plugin you own you can use inside mxxx.
In my situation I already own mmastering and mcreativebundle and some separate plugins, which build in the whole the mtotalbundle, so I don't see a reasonable point to buy mtotalbundle at the moment. No real benefit besides mxxx.
My thoughts exactly. I also see the MXXX as a construction kit, like an analog modular synthesizer for which you can buy only the modules you need/afford. Amplitube Custom Shop is based on this concept. It is free and comes with 24 devices (amps, effects, cabinets, etc) and then you can buy additional devices. This way you don't have to pay for stuff you don't need. It's a great strategy, imo.

Cheers

Hi,

Firstly, may I just say congratulations on such a brilliant new release. It's obvious how much effort has gone into it, so many thanks for your hard work. The new GUI themes are a game-changer for Melda I believe - I immediately went through all my projects changing every Melda plugin instance to Aluminion! I hope this puts to rest all those "yes, they sound great, but if only they had a better GUI" posts.

I realise this is still a beta release, so teething problems are to be expected. I have to say I've seen frequent crashes with v9 that I'd never experienced before with your plugins. I use Studio One (64 bit) on a Mac as my main DAW and simply trialing the different plugins I was experiencing crashes that pulled down Studio One entirely every 3 or 4 plugins I tried in a session. So definitely something odd going on.

Then I found something repeatable which was using MPowerSynth and MAutoDynamicEQ within Blue Cat's PatchWork VSTi - I don't know why they would be more repeatable, but every time I add that MAutoDynamicEQ instance it crashes Studio One for sure. I have the crash report which I can send to you - it seems to be an EXC_BAD_ACCESS exception (exception code EXC_I386_GPFLT) in libMeldaProductionAudioPluginKernel.dylib so perhaps it's due to the new Plugin Kernel technology introduced in v9?

I was also able to reproduce a crash in Ableton Live (64-bit Mac) within a few minutes which confirmed it wasn't a Studio One issue. Again, I can send through the crash log but it seems to be similar (EXC_BAD_ACCESS exception from libMeldaProductionAudioPluginKernel.dylib).

Finally, many thanks for the envelope syncing features you've added (a huge plus for me in MPowerSynth) although I was assuming switching this on would mean the envelopes would switch from milliseconds to bars in the envelope display - would this be possible in the future?

Thank you! :love:
First 9.00b2 update is now available! Please keep posting any problems/ideas.
http://www.meldaproduction.com/download.php

Svama: I was thinking about it and so far I don't really know... there are so many problems...

KTLin: Yeah, a little bug on the side :). MXXX will behave as any effect - 15 day trial, then noise.

Chrispy: Please get the new version, it should hopefully fix the problem. If not, please let me know via info@meldaproduction.com
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hi, the new beta is looking good so far. I'll post back if I encounter any more crashes like I was seeing previously.

Following up on the sync'd envelopes point; I was really excited to see this added in MPowerSynth, as sync'd envelopes are great for being able to programme things like risers which evolve over a 4-bar period, say. So I was kind of expecting this to work such that when you choose 'sync' for the envelope the times and the scale on the envelope display all change to beat divisions (4 bars, 2 bars, 1 bar, 1/2 bar, 1/4, 1/18, 1/16, etc.). This is the way, for instance, Rob Papen's Blue works when you go from unsynced to synced envelopes. Much like your LFOs already do when you choose the sync option in the modulators. I don't actually understand how the new sync'd envelopes work, to be honest. The help says the millisecond values are rounded upwards. So I tried creating a filter envelope and tweaked it by ear so that it opened up across an entire 4-bar period, then engaged sync. Then changing tempo drastically downwards or upwards (to hear the effect) didn't seem to keep it aligned to that 4-bar length.

Not sure that was a great explanation, but hopefully you know what I'm getting at!

Hi Chrispy,

basically if you select 100ms and nearest higher "sync" is say 1/4 beat having 120ms, then it should become 120ms. I just checked and it seems working as it should. If you think something is not right, please just send me a project or something.
It is definitely different than setting the actual sync, but it has the huge advantage that it keeps the settings uniform, and you can still modulate/automate the values. If it would be changed to sync (which means lots of options and stuff), all existing presets would be dead! Now you can take ANY preset and just enable sync and it will make the whole envelope in sync! How awesome is that! :D
Vojtech

So it's rather a snap or sort of quantization than sync?

Sounds interesting.

Maybe a new idea for MXXX licensing, if it's possible.
Every plugin is there, but is in demo mode, if there is no license. Maybe Yu can think about your licensing model. Everybody get an own mxxx license?!

elassi: Yes, it's more like quantization, it takes the ADSR times and quantizes them up towards the nearest sync value.

Svama: I need time for that, it's a very complex thing.
Vojtech

Hi Vojtech, I have the MTotal bundle and MPowersynth 8.10 64-bit installed. Do you recommend uninstalling before installing 9 betas or can they be installed over them?

MeldaProduction wrote:elassi: Yes, it's more like quantization, it takes the ADSR times and quantizes them up towards the nearest sync value.
Ah, that makes more sense.

So that will work really well for when you are trying to get an envelope to sit in time perfectly - it'll snap to the nearest quantise value.

But it won't work as well for the use-case I mentioned, where you want to create a riser (for example) where the envelope opens over exactly a 4-bar period and then you want to be able to reuse that patch at any tempo. The envelope won't always sync to 4-bars, it'll just snap to the nearest quantise point at that tempo that is closest to the millisecond value of the envelope.

The way I've seen this implemented before (e.g. in Rhino, or Rob Papen Blue) is that when you engage sync the values just seem to be interpreted as beat/bar values instead of milliseconds. So they don't have to introduce any extra options, just that when "sync" is enabled the same envelope values are interpreted differently (so no impact on existing patches by introducing such an option - because those patches wouldn't have sync enabled). And when you change tempo everything stays relative to the bars/beats positioning.

If that's not possible, what might be a nice compromise (and make it more obvious what snapping is occurring) would be if the display switched to show bars/beats when you click "Sync" and that it visually snapped to the quantise points that are being used. If you changed tempo it would then be obvious that it was snapping to a very different value, but at least you could see where it was and manually move it back to where you wanted it to be.

Hopefully that makes sense!

Thanks again - I'm really enjoying exploring MPowerSynth...

Wanterkeelt: It's actually just fine to install it over ;).

Chrispy: Well, yes, that one case is different. Though I still think our case is better :D. I guess there could be an option, will think about it... btu the changing units and stuff, if I add it, it will be very low priority...
Vojtech

Chrispy: Can't you use a LFO-shape for this riser tasks?

I.E: For the attack you'd define a saw-type LFO that triggers at Note-On. For the decay/release setup a 2nd LFO that triggers upon Note-Off. Both can be synced to host tempo.

Haven't tried this but guess it could be a satisfying workaround for you.

Return to “MeldaProduction”