AVICII Wake me up kick!

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SPUN_prod wrote:I just don't understand why someone would care so much about having the EXACT kick that some artist used, when there are so many great samples out there that can be used.. I mean, I guess I could see how some fresh/amateur producer might ask for a kick that's similar to a certain artist, but to need the exact sample just seems ridiculous. Especially when considering the average electronic listener really couldn't give two shits or tell the difference. To me, if you have good ears and good samples to choose from - that's all you need. Be yourself. By needing an artist's specific kick really only tells me that you're deliberately trying to copy a specific sound. Be your OWN ARTIST. Pick samples that YOU like and that complement YOUR style. Avicii basically said it himself in that emusician article about how he really just has a few different kicks that he uses for different purposes.. You should probably just do the same.
A lot of people are just curious. Doesn't mean they'll go off creating the exact same thing.
Beats Of The Heart - Reggae Documentary (1977)
Post-Dilla: A Comprehensive Guide to the Beat Generation:

75ips wrote:A lot of people are just curious. Doesn't mean they'll go off creating the exact same thing for themselves.
Are we part of same thread, that's exactly what's this is all about :lol:

Hhaaa.. yeah maybe :D

What I mean is though.. to me, sometimes it's okay to replicate an artist's sound just to get on his or her level. BUT.. if after that you fail to create your own sound and take it to the next level.. well then shame on you :lol:
Beats Of The Heart - Reggae Documentary (1977)
Post-Dilla: A Comprehensive Guide to the Beat Generation:

Well, I have a feeling all this leads to making the closest thing and calling it a day, I learned quite a lot reading stuff like this, I don't know am I going to ever need this, but it doesn't hurt knowing, if I ever meet someone who is into this particular genre I could always say:
"Did you know that Nicky Romero uses variation of LTWB kick" and he can be like "Noooo" or "Yeah, it's funny you mention that, because..."
...or even better same question and she's like "You must be producer or something ,wanna do me" and I'll be like "Sure, whatever, I did worse" :hihi:

Kick lineage.
What a world!
ImageImageImageImage

Just send the damn kick, ive got a Huge kick sample collection for different purposes this would just be another good kick to add to my collection. Issue is getting a kick that works With acoustic elements (real instruments in a house context) thats why i want it.

Is only that kick working and nothing else?

What's so special about this kick over his old Vengeance one or that LTWB one, 088 or whatever, what, far superior click/knock, what?

Please do expand :tu:

Passing Bye wrote:Is only that kick working and nothing else?
My guess is the problem here is operational, not mechanical.
Sound Engineer / Musician / Producer......but I'm always learning.

I like the thud of a Garrix #7, but the boom of an Avicii #9.
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:I like the thud of a Garrix #7, but the boom of an Avicii #9.

But it's the Axwell #4 that really puts stars in your eyes.
Sound Engineer / Musician / Producer......but I'm always learning.

Oh, sure.
If I want like, a big-room party vibe, I go for Axwell #4 on top of a Prydz #125.
But, if Im going for like a hands-in-the-air epic club vibe, a Hardwell #11 with an Alesso #14 does it every time.
Its pretty simple. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Passing Bye wrote:Is only that kick working and nothing else?

What's so special about this kick over his old Vengeance one or that LTWB one, 088 or whatever, what, far superior click/knock, what?

Please do expand :tu:
I can do without it, But since he managed to recreate it why not share it?

It works really well with a house track that containts real instruments, Sounds less electronic than a standard Bassdrum 088 kickdrum. Ive tried changing the top of good kicks with more crispy tops but they dont sound as good.

highkoo wrote:Oh, sure.
If I want like, a big-room party vibe, I go for Axwell #4 on top of a Prydz #125.
But, if Im going for like a hands-in-the-air epic club vibe, a Hardwell #11 with an Alesso #14 does it every time.
Its pretty simple. :)
Now I don't even totally disagree with you in regards to the fact that this conversation is a bit over-the-top, but goddamn you are being petty as hell. How old are you now? There have been plenty of times where I have rolled my eyes at threads I've seen here, but you don't see me religiously checking in to leave trolling comments. Because nobody cares. And I honestly have better things to do than waste my time commenting on a thread that doesn't even interest me. I'm sure your comments are disregarded altogether, so in the end, you just look like an immature troll with nothing else better to do. Maybe you need to get laid. Or need a hobby. Not quite sure, but whatever it is, something surely is missing in your life that you feel the need to fill that void by acting like a 8-year-old. You're just trying way too hard now. Grow up.

Oh, you must be one of those "Hardwell #15" people... :roll:

Im glad your life is full enough to keep you from trolling things that dont interest you, but not so full that you cant jump in and defend something ridiculous that doesnt interest you from immature trolls like myself. :tu:

What it comes down to is that I think this is funny, and deserves trolling, and I just dont give a shit what you or anyone else thinks. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage

R.I.P thread

Return to “Sound Design”