Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:
EnGee wrote:Till when you can offer this Uncle E?
It might take more than one week for me.
We can offer it any time.
Couldn't wait anymore!

OK then, 'any time' is now! I sent you another PM asking about the process :D

Uncle E wrote:
EnGee wrote:Till when you can offer this Uncle E?
It might take more than one week for me.
We can offer it any time.
Are we talking V2 Pro to V3 Pro? :o
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:Are we talking V2 Pro to V3 Pro? :o
Yes

Pre ordered and waiting for the download license any time soon :hyper:

Thank you Uncle E :D

Uncle E wrote:
jens wrote:Are we talking V2 Pro to V3 Pro? :o
Yes
Dang - that's really hard to resist - you already quite recently made me upgrade to Sonar Platinum with an unresistable offer and I know I'll probably end up using neither... :cry: :help: :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I just need to sell my Live 9 suite now, this discount will let me lower the price a bit for an easier sale. Look, I pass the savings on to my own customer!
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Got it!! Yippee! :party:

What do you guys think of the new instruments? Prescence XT, Channel Strip Collection? You think their doing to compete with Logic or Cubase for good built in instruments?

Just upgraded to v3 pro from v2 pro on Mac.

v2 on Mac wasn't really usable to me for whatever reason, but man they did a lot of stuff right on the new version. The flow is just great. I think this will easily become my fav daw of all. So easy to get cookin with it!!

beatmangler443 wrote:What do you guys think of the new instruments? Prescence XT, Channel Strip Collection? You think their doing to compete with Logic or Cubase for good built in instruments?
There are no many new instruments and comparing S1 instruments with Cubase or Logic sure is not in the favour of Studio One ;)

Anyway, what I really like about this version is:

1. "Workflow, workflow, workflow" :hihi: Sorry, I remembered Steve Ballmer when he shouted some years ago "Developers, developers, developers!!"
But honestly, the developers at PreSonus did a great job to enhance the workflow even better. My first home was Logic and it was really difficult for me to adapt to Cubase, but when I did, I haven't found any DAW I could call home. I tried many DAWs really. But, S1v3 is my new home! I really feel I'm OK now, I'm a citizen of S1 Republic and I can call it home after migrating from Cubase :clown:

2. Although the instruments can't compete with Cubase and Logic, but IMO what's there is great. Mojito is still my favourite of the light synths but excellent for Bass especially. Impact is my go to Drums now. I found some surprising good instruments in Presence, like the Brass. There are few good also here and there, like House organ or some basses. Mai Tai is a very good synth. I wished it is an extension of Mojito but anyway, it is not light on the cpu as Mojito. It is good after all, but I'm not amazed by it. So, mostly I use Mojito and Impact and some sounds from Presence.

3. Do you mean the channel strip effect or in the mixer as general. For me, I like a lot the effects and found them great. Maybe Logic has a better effects, but what is there in Studio One is very good IMO. I don't have third party except TB Essential Tracks, which I like a lot. Well, TB compressor and EQ are really great. I like them a lot but the ones in Studio One are really very good as well. The reverb is nice (the Convolution one, but I can live with any reverb). I don't use much of other plugins except sometimes, chorus, delay and rare distortion.

4. The new midi effects are nice, especially the Arpeggio and Repeater (step sequencer?). Also, there are few midi effects, but what is there IMO is excellent.

5. There are many minor enhancements here and there, like in the Mixer resizing which is really very nice done. The notes name in the Piano roll which is very useful in drums patterns. Some very minor things, like scrolling with the mouse above the tracks would scroll vertically ...etc. All, those small enhancements made me smile.

There is arranger track and of course the *Super Star* Scratch Pad. Those are implemented nicely. I love them.

Now, when you compare features and your decision will be based on that, then Studio One might not the winner in your eyes. But, if you take it as a whole DAW and the workflow is the most important part of your musical work, then Studio One is the winner. You feel that they kept to their philosophy of 'ease of use' with an elegant and practical interface.

It also makes the mastering process easier for the non professional, and there are good tutorials out there showing this final stage (which I don't dare to touch in other DAWs).

So, everything is organized from starting your ideas, till the final master. Everything essential is there for every stage.

I didn't mention the price, but as a major upgrade with Uncle E's offer. I think it even surpasses Logic for value for money!

Oh, there is also a great tutorial 'Made Easy' for free now when you upgrade. An excellent tutorial which I actually bought it before the upgrade!

Oh stop it!!! :tantrum:

:lol:

:lol:

So, I have bumped your GAS :hihi:

effing double-post problems...
Last edited by jens on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, indeed, you did :lol:

One thing I wish were possible is to use the custom grooves to quantize the arpeggiator ala Trilian. But maybe I should make that request on the Presonus forum. I have no idea how popular that functionality would be, but I'd use it extensively.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”