Klanghelm's New Compressor - coming soon!?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I guess it is Vari-mu syle comp.
klanghelm.jpg
I saw this picture on his FB.
Posted two month ago.. So...!!?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yeah its supposed to be released soon. Hopefully like tomorrow because I want it :D

Not too terribly amped for this release. Tony is an awesome dude and his products are cool, and how can ya NOT appreciate what he brings to the table, but another compressor isnt really newsworthy stuff.

However this release turns out, i can pretty much assure you that you already have a compressor in your arsenal that will do the same. Plugins arent going to make your music sound any better. but if adding yet another effect to your set-up is whats on tap, then there isnt any better value than Tony's stuff in the payware world.

$29 is a no-brainer price for this plugin for me. If it brings something new and strong to the table then i'll re-evaluate.
There ya have it...

Ultrasonic wrote:Not too terribly amped for this release. Tony is an awesome dude and his products are cool, and how can ya NOT appreciate what he brings to the table, but another compressor isnt really newsworthy stuff.

However this release turns out, i can pretty much assure you that you already have a compressor in your arsenal that will do the same. Plugins arent going to make your music sound any better. but if adding yet another effect to your set-up is whats on tap, then there isnt any better value than Tony's stuff in the payware world.

$29 is a no-brainer price for this plugin for me. If it brings something new and strong to the table then i'll re-evaluate.
Oh I know. I already have plenty of Compressors and don't need more. But I heard demos and its pretty solid. If it works for me then I can get rid of all the junk I don't use that often.

This is the only compressor i would actually consider buying right now, and i say that without even having used or heard it. But in general I don't need or particularly want another compressor.

Twi things are certain for me:

1) I neither have the slightest need nor interest in yet another new compressor; regardless of who developed it

2) I will purchase this one anyway as soon as Tony releases it
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Facebook. Klanghelm: "I really hope to be able to release it in May. I've been working on extending the sonic range of the plugin in the past few weeks, i.e. making shorter timing constants possible, extending the max. possible GR and stuff like that. This turned out to be very time consuming and still needs some additional fine-tuning."

jens wrote:Twi things are certain for me:

1) I neither have the slightest need nor interest in yet another new compressor; regardless of who developed it

2) I will purchase this one anyway as soon as Tony releases it
+1 I won't even bother to demo it first.

Yes, as others i will buy this to support Tony, so that he can move on and create more useful effects like SDRR, but honestly, this is about as interesting as a pavement slab.
unfortunately he is releasing 'another' compressor after this then porting the old plugins to a new framework by the sounds of it.
So nothing exciting coming from Klanghelm for a looooong time.
Duh

I'm quite interested in compressors, not boring to me. Depending on the design.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

There is no such thing as enough compressors or limiters. I probably have more compressors than instruments, which isn't very healthy for the wallet. I will probably get this new one from Klanghelm. Testing compressors is way more fun than VST instruments, for some reason.

Aiynzahev wrote:I'm quite interested in compressors, not boring to me. Depending on the design.
Yeah, the vari-mu factor and the price are what has me interested in this one. I probably have enough too, but it's a decent form of entertainment just trying out and A/B'ing new stuff while mixing, especially 'new designs'.

Can't wait to try it....it was meant to be released in March but it seems that Tony wanted
to rework some parts of this unit.
Maybe Tony will give us some news about the release date !

Kang wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:I'm quite interested in compressors, not boring to me. Depending on the design.
Yeah, the vari-mu factor and the price are what has me interested in this one. I probably have enough too, but it's a decent form of entertainment just trying out and A/B'ing new stuff while mixing, especially 'new designs'.
I love the NI Varicomp, maybe this one will be similar but different :) Crazy compressor addicts. If it's like $30 or so it's going to be worth checking out. Can't say I'm crazy about his other compressor, I never use it in fact.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

It looks like UA 176 style compressor.If it is,it's really interesting.Worth to buy to me.
http://analogobsession.com/ VST, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

Return to “Effects”