GRM Tools updated to version 3.6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

Just went to the INA GRM site, and the GRM Tools got updated to version 3.6.
I can't say what they changed, as their website says nothing. Maybe someone else knows more.

Wanterkeelt wrote:I can't say what they changed
I hope the prices have gone down... :cry: (The bundles have some good plugins, but not all of the plugins are super useful...I guess I kind of wish they'd just sell individual plugins at a reasonable price. Currently the only sensible option financially would be to buy the complete 3 bundle set. Plus of course the iLok dongle. Sigh.)

Eagerly waiting for their next bundle, "GRM Tools Spaces".

Wanterkeelt wrote:I can't say what they changed, as their website says nothing. Maybe someone else knows more.
What's new : four new agitation groups (see below, in French).

Version 3.6.0
Nouveautés :
- 4 bancs d’agitation
Bugs :
- amélioration de la compatibilité Mac-PC
- amélioration de l’édition des points dans Warp
- amélioration du support Ctrl+Alt+Cmd dans ProTools
- crash automation Master Bypass AAX sur PC
- amélioration des bypass
- crash random sous MacOS 10.10 Yosemite
- fenêtre VST 32 bits sous MacOS 10.10 Yosemite

Xenakios wrote:
Wanterkeelt wrote:I can't say what they changed
I hope the prices have gone down... :cry: (The bundles have some good plugins, but not all of the plugins are super useful...I guess I kind of wish they'd just sell individual plugins at a reasonable price. Currently the only sensible option financially would be to buy the complete 3 bundle set. Plus of course the iLok dongle. Sigh.)
The individual plugs (reasonably priced) would be great, as you are correct, not all of them are "super useful", though that is according to individual tastes of course.

I have the complete bundle, and use a bit more than half of them regularly, TBH. A couple from this group, and a few from that group, etc... they are amazing though, for what they do.

As of v3.5, you can authorize with the iLok license manager on your computer, OR use the iLok dongle.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

WolfKay wrote:Eagerly waiting for their next bundle, "GRM Tools Spaces".
OMG!!

Coming end of May, they told me recently.

WolfKay wrote:
Wanterkeelt wrote:I can't say what they changed, as their website says nothing. Maybe someone else knows more.
What's new : four new agitation groups (see below, in French).

Version 3.6.0
Nouveautés :
- 4 bancs d’agitation
Bugs :
- amélioration de la compatibilité Mac-PC
- amélioration de l’édition des points dans Warp
- amélioration du support Ctrl+Alt+Cmd dans ProTools
- crash automation Master Bypass AAX sur PC
- amélioration des bypass
- crash random sous MacOS 10.10 Yosemite
- fenêtre VST 32 bits sous MacOS 10.10 Yosemite

Thanks for the info

Holy shit, that's great news.

Spaces looks kool. Wondering if you'll need a surround setup to get the most out of it, all the screengrabs are outputting to surround setups anyway (unless i overlooked one). Similar to Flux's Ircam Spat - in some ways - which was still quite useful in stereo but overkill (stereo) given the price. at least in terms of hobbyist usage. imo.

Wooooh!!! New bundle:D Looks interesting.

Oh no...While sort of good news (indication they are still doing stuff)...Will this mean they will come up with a 4 bundle set, then? Which no doubt would be even more expensive than the current 3 bundle set. :(

anyone see any indication as to the number of authorizations they allow? i'm assuming it's only 1 but since they do offer the choice to auth on ilok or hard drive i'm wondering if they allow 2 auths? (one desktop and one laptop)

Ask them : http://store.inagrm.com/en/contact-us
They seem to be quite responsive.

Daags wrote:Spaces looks kool. Wondering if you'll need a surround setup to get the most out of it, all the screengrabs are outputting to surround setups anyway (unless i overlooked one). Similar to Flux's Ircam Spat - in some ways - which was still quite useful in stereo but overkill (stereo) given the price. at least in terms of hobbyist usage. imo.
All I know is there is some very serious psychoacoustic voodoo involved in GRM Tool Spaces.
(Which of course is not surprising in a spatialization plugin...)
If you will need a surround system or if those psychoacoustics will be used to simulate multichannel audio is not clear to me yet.

Return to “Effects”