audio editing like ableton

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i wish mulab would put a little bit more effort into its audio editing like the way ableton has i dont use ableton just mulab just saying is there any word on future releases if you would make it better because at the moment its very basic

An extended audio editor is not planned. MuLab's solution is to use an external audio editor like Audacity, GoldWave, Audition, WaveLab, ...
MuLab has good finetuned support to use such external audio editor in parallel with MuLab. See http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common/audiolab.html

Agree, but what's special about Live's audio editing, pretty basic too, on other hand audio editing in Cubase/Reaper is top notch, but they aren't most creativity friendly, there's no perfect solution, just settling with lesser than two evils or two or more DAW's :ud:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

mutools wrote: MuLab's solution is to use an external audio editor like Audacity, GoldWave, Audition, WaveLab, ...
MuLab has good finetuned support to use such external audio editor in parallel with MuLab. See http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common/audiolab.html
Personally, this is one of the things I like about MuLab. Of course everyone has their own view, but I say concentrate on its strengths rather than bloat it out to be a jack of all trades. Having come from Sonar, Cubase, that's what I was looking to get away from.

Well, coming from Logic, which IMHO needs just audio editing pimped to be jack of all trades, Mulab is kinda similar plus modular, but audio is lacking even more, I understand someone coming from Cubase want's more creative flexibility that DAW's that apparently lack in his strengths offer, same way ones coming from other side want that flexibility for audio too, but I guess one needs to pick one side that delivers what's more important to him and have workarounds for other.

Having said all this, I still find MuLab awesome and it just happens that my audio editing needs are on bare minimum, so I'm good to go :hihi:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Improvement should be done because asio dont support external sound editors as long asio dont support multiple instances.

Return to “MUTOOLS”