Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

Это, как говорится, я не могу ждать, чтобы показать вам трека я делаю для osc-We are waiting!
fargos

I just installed the 64bit version of Charlatan 2 on my new computer running Win8.1. It doesn't show up in the plugin browser in Live 9.2 ... neither does the 64bit version of the Blaukraut FX plugin. Anyone else got this issue?

Is a preset manager coming soon? just asking.

thecontrolcentre wrote:I just installed the 64bit version of Charlatan 2 on my new computer running Win8.1. It doesn't show up in the plugin browser in Live 9.2 ... neither does the 64bit version of the Blaukraut FX plugin. Anyone else got this issue?
I sorted it. Had to rename the folder the dll is in to Charlatan 2 and it appeared in the browser. Same thing with the bkFX folder ... renamed it, and Live picked it up next scan. Weird.

I honestly cannot understand why the osc 2 tune only goes up to +-6 semitones. That's almost sadistic, haha. There's still time for the OSC challenge to get to use an update that at least cranks up the tune to +-12 or at the very least +-7. It's weird.
No matter what, I just don't understand this restriction and can only conclude for it to be malicious!? :lol: :shrug:

It's not like I wouldn't understand the reasoning, going up an octave and tuning down, but if you want to automate that the tuning, all bets are off. :(

Haha, why would you like to tune the oscillators to anything else than tritonus? :evil:

OMG :shock: :o ...I must've subconsciously picked up on that! :scared: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's the problem with +/-6? If you want +7, increase the octave by 1 and then pick -5 notes.

xenophobic wrote:Is a preset manager coming soon? just asking.
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 :pray:
[Insert Signature Here]

fluffy_little_something wrote:What's the problem with +/-6? If you want +7, increase the octave by 1 and then pick -5 notes.
I wrote that in my post already! ;)
The point is, you can use automation to modulate the tuning parameter, but you can't "conveniently" sweep from octave to octave. I just don't really see the point of this "extra clever" approach, unless there was some fine tuning issue to consider?! :shrug:

Maybe he had to change it because of the unison implementation 8)

Anyway, while it sounds very good for a freeware synth, I somehow never use it, it lacks so many things even Sylenth offers, although even that is already a bit basic by now...

If my suggestions a few posts up would make it into it, Charlatan could really be a sweet go-to solution. If anything, it makes for a beautiful OSC round! :)

love this VST using it a lot

amazing synth for learning and not only :) Love the ui (and not only ;p)

This is a great sounding little synth and its ideal for getting ideas and sounds down quickly.

Return to “Instruments”