Your opinion on Toneboosters Reverb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

got a copy of Beat mag 6/2015 today, and it had TB Reverb BE on the mag DVD. Installed it, and played around with it briefly, and was pleasantly surprised about it. As far as i read and saw, it's best suited for small to medium room reverbs, and sounds best for percussive or short sounds. I found it to be sounding clear, doesn't mud up the sound, it doesn't sound tinny or metallic like other (free) reverbs, and it has a pleasant sound too it, doesn't sound synthetic, rather natural. Especially compared to the reverb implemented in Cubase Elements, Roomworks SE, it's another ballpark. Gonna test it a little more the next days, but so far, the impression is really good. Actually looking for a reverb for the sounds mentioned, i like Oldskoolverb for pads and stuff like that, but it's not so good for percussive sounds i guess.

The difference between the full version and the one on the Beat DVD seems to be that the Beat version is missing the diffusion and the width functions, apart from that, it seems to be the same.

If you are familiar with Mr. Breebaart's credentials the quality of his work should
not surprise you in the least...

-Cheers

I guess you're right as TB-Barricade also enjoys great popularity. :) Just played with TB-Reverb BE a bit more, and really, sounds fantastic to me. Only thing i wish now is that it would let me add a bit more tail to it. :P

Yes, tb stuffs are very cpu-effeicient, But have pretty nice qulaity. They are real work horses.
Especially, Bus tools have top-notch quality sound.

Caveat: these things are always highly subjective.

For me, TB Reverb is my 'go to' reverb :D
To my ears it sounds very natural and has a sweetness to it that I have not heard in most other reverbs (the closest to it in terms of quality, I think, is the Acon Digital Verberate).
The majority of other reverbs I tried have a very tinny or harsh metallic sound to them.
The CPU efficiency of this plug-in is amazing too.

I bought the Toneboosters Track Essentials bundle just for the reverb alone.
The bonus is that there are some excellent and very usable plug-ins in that bundle also (Compressor, Ferox, Module, EQ).

For the ridiculous price of 20 Euros, it's a steal and an absolute no-brainer :wink:
Why won't you delete this account as I have requested Ben ?

Just tested it out, sounds great and very natural on percussion for the amount of CPU it uses. At that price it is a very tempting proposition. I mainly use B2 or Battery's convolution reverb on mine I may pick this one up for when I need more than the single Battery convolution but don't have much CPU left for B2.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Just another heads up for this thing: I tested several reverbs, to see if one of them could sound close to Spire's reverb (which i quite like for some sounds, but can't use it outside of Spire obviously), and, the winner seems to be, TB-Reverb-BE. :) Spire's reverb is quite clean, clear and silky, and TB-Reverb-BE, if tweaked correctly, can sound pretty close IMO. Of course, there's some subtle differences still, but, close enough for me. As mentioned in the OP, i really like that reverb sound for percussive sounds, or plucks, so, i'm glad i found something which works equally well.

Has somekind of uad emt 140 sound and quality. Really great.

Recently, I got Pro-R and H-Reverb.
Do they sound great? yes, They are absolutely great sounding reverbs.
Do they sound better than TB reverb? I don't think so..
Last edited by nicksohn on Fri May 19, 2017 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Was thinking about getting Waves Abbey Road Plates, but after testing, to me it sounds muddy.
Gearshoot.com is great for comparing different reverbs.

I got it with the bundle quite some time ago, and it is my main reverb, I use it 95% of the time. Occasionally I also use the free Tal one for percussion. For everything else the TB is very nice. Ridiculous price when you divide the bundle price by the number of plugins (including the reverb).

Return to “Effects”