how do i update my Mmultianalyzer from 8 to 9?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

maybe a stupid question

i have the Mmultianalyzer plugin ,how do i update it from 8,07 to the new version 9??

It's an all in one installer now!

download the installer: http://www.meldaproduction.com/download.php and select just the plugins that you have.

So if this is the only Melda plugin I own, I have to constantly download the 110MB+ installer to update it (which is pretty often)? Plus when I do, even if I only select the one plugin I own, I get a bunch of presets and files for plugins which I don't own, which I can't choose to not install (users>appdata>roaming>meldaproduction)?

So if I choose not to install particular plugins, why do I get presets for them?
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

That's the negative part, true. But most people just end up having more anyway. Plus there's the best set of free effects so...
The resources are harmless and very small compared to the main engine, so there's really no need to cry about it ;). It will get lost in the thousands of file you already have on your system.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Not "crying" about anything, I just don't understand why I can select the plugins I want to install, but I have no contol over the other files that get installed, which I don't want, don't need and can't use? You don't seem to have a good reason for it? Why can't you install presets based on the plugins selected, rather than, frankly, a lazy "one size fits all" approach? I've not come across an example of another vendor doing this - installing files superfluous to the operation of the relevant plugins.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2

Actually it's far more complex than that. Let's just say that many files overlap between multiple plugins and if these wouldn't be there, certain plugins wouldn't work correctly. Right now, all data is always there. You can call it "lazy", I call it "better safe than sorry", and I have years of experience at support. A few small data files is a small price for stability.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Cool, I get that you have interdependencies and might want to have generic / shared files.

But, by installing only Mmultianalyzer, I also get 120 preset files - pretty much your entire range of plugins I reckon.

I don't understand why I get them all. I tick a box for Mmultianalyzer, I get only that .dll, no? I don't get any other plugin. But I get the presets for every other plugin in your range.

Are these preset files interdependent? It's a real question, I'm not being funny with you. Does one plugin use presets from any other plugin?

If they're not, as I suspect, then yes - despite your years of experience in support, I do call it a lazy practice to install superfluous preset files.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2

Since when presets for all the plugins i did not install are needed that the one i'd install work properly? Sorry, i don't get that too. In the end they will be deleted manually by me users and i doubt that the installed plugin stop working then.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Here's the thing - we decided to "play it safe" and from the years on support I'm 100% for this. Yes, it installs a few files you won't need, but we could either mark every file necessary, spend days with it and risk something will go wrong, or play it safe and install all resources, just in case.

Sorry folks, but you don't see the bigger picture, because you don't have the experience. An example : you install one version of a few plugins, then some time later a major update comes and upgrades some resources making it incompatible with the previous version, so that all plugins needed to be update, but what if they wasn't because the user forgot... boom... And there are many situations like that.

So sorry, if the few of you cannot live with a few redundant files (you already have thousands of them with your system, but...), you can always get any previous version:

http://www.meldaproduction.com/download/
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote: Sorry folks, but you don't see the bigger picture, because you don't have the experience. An example : you install one version of a few plugins, then some time later a major update comes and upgrades some resources making it incompatible with the previous version, so that all plugins needed to be update, but what if they wasn't because the user forgot... boom... And there are many situations like that.
We're not talking about supporting files, we're talking about presets - and you didn't answer my question as to whether they were interdependent, so I'm still assuming they're not.

If you'd have said "yep, it installs all presets just because most people have lots of the plugins" then I'd find that a refreshingly honest, acceptable answer. Trying to make out that superfluous preset files are installed for support reasons? I resent being treated like an idiot, frankly, and I resent the condescending "you don't understand" attitude.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2

Well, mcnelson, sorry to say, but you are the one coming here with condescending "I know it the best and you are lazy". I already told you how it is. And if you insist on an example - take MPowerSynth. It needs almost all presets from pretty much all plugins, except the multiband ones... MMultiBandTremolo needs presets from itself, MTremolo, modulators, multiparameters, MIDI... you get the point.

I don't get why we are wasting both our valuable times with this... Let's do some music instead ;).
Vojtech

I came here to ask exactly the same question. I was recommended MMultiAnalyzer and after watching a couple of videos about it on youtube i downloaded the demo. I was also slightly annoyed at having to download your entire range just to get one plugin and even more annoyed that there seemed to be no way to just install the x64 plugin on its own. I stopped the installation and came here to find out more about your demo installation.

Frankly, your attitude stinks. Its my computer and i decide what i want installed and where i want it all to go. You come across as very arrogant and its lost you a sale. I guess that you will rationalise it as me being at fault and my loss but there is lots of great plugin makers so i think i'll survive. I'm not so sure you will if you keep treating possible customers in such a dismissive way.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Sorry Kypresso you look at it this way, but I'm afraid it's like that and it won't be changed - it's a small price for having everything work without problems and neverending support, explaining people they need to check this and that etc.

I'm really sad the few of you are so mad about such a small thing, when you have a 110MB installer and similar stuff present on your computer, while half of the plugins on the market (often as small as compressors) are having like 100 MB themselves... Here you have 80 plugins in 110MB installer, installs some things you may not need, but so what, an average OS contains 80% of redundant data, so... And you can get more than 20 completely free plugins just like that. You may not need to install it, but just a cherry on top... It's impossible to make everyone happy.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”