Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
Naenyn
KVRian

818 posts since 26 Sep, 2013, from Arizona, USA

Postby Naenyn; Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:30 am Fine Cut Bodies: La Petite Excite - Free exciter plugin

Found this plugin while reading an article over on Synthtopia yesterday. Given my proclivity for exciters lately, I immediately tried it. It is pretty nice! :tu:

Anyone else tried it? What do you think?
alienimplant
KVRist

42 posts since 18 Feb, 2004

Postby alienimplant; Thu May 19, 2016 5:47 pm Re: Fine Cut Bodies: La Petite Excite - Free exciter plugin

It's brilliant... better than tape plugins that cost a lot of dough.
Klinke1
KVRist

470 posts since 18 Feb, 2011

Postby Klinke1; Thu May 19, 2016 9:18 pm Re: Fine Cut Bodies: La Petite Excite - Free exciter plugin

Thanks alotique pour la information on le plog-in.
Je suis telecharging atm.
- WonderEcho -
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

21211 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Thu May 19, 2016 9:45 pm Re: Fine Cut Bodies: La Petite Excite - Free exciter plugin

Thanks for the link :)
cprompt
KVRian

504 posts since 17 Nov, 2010, from UK

Postby cprompt; Fri May 20, 2016 2:06 am Re: Fine Cut Bodies: La Petite Excite - Free exciter plugin

Very nice, very very low CPU use (like almost none!).
poshook
KVRian

649 posts since 31 Aug, 2004

Postby poshook; Sat May 21, 2016 2:24 pm Re: Fine Cut Bodies: La Petite Excite - Free exciter plugin

sounds phenomenal
DubLifeSD
KVRist

314 posts since 29 Jul, 2009, from San Diego, CA

Postby DubLifeSD; Sun May 22, 2016 9:37 pm Re: Fine Cut Bodies: La Petite Excite - Free exciter plugin

Have to say, I'm pretty impressed. Nice thick low end and can really get synths to come alive in the mix. I love stumbling across free gems like this :tu:
Spitfire31
KVRAF

2650 posts since 18 May, 2003, from Sweden

Postby Spitfire31; Sun May 22, 2016 10:11 pm Re: Fine Cut Bodies: La Petite Excite - Free exciter plugin

Thank you, Naenyn, for sharing this discovery. Very nice plug!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!
FineCutBodies
KVRer

19 posts since 22 Jun, 2004, from Los Angeles, California

Postby FineCutBodies; Mon May 23, 2016 10:37 pm Re: Fine Cut Bodies: La Petite Excite - Free exciter plugin

thanks guys for the kind words on this little plug. More to come soon!
ObsoleteAcc99
Banned

Postby ObsoleteAcc99; Mon May 23, 2016 11:12 pm Re: Fine Cut Bodies: La Petite Excite - Free exciter plugin

what a lovely little freebie, thanks so much.

it's amazing what we can get these days for no or little money.. and these devs like yourself are doing 64 bit and both mac and pc versions.. again, amazing.. and for some of our paid stuff we'll never see an up to date version..

Thanks again, very kind of you.
Mathematics
KVRist

165 posts since 10 Sep, 2015, from Another Dimension

Postby Mathematics; Tue May 24, 2016 1:19 am Re: Fine Cut Bodies: La Petite Excite - Free exciter plugin

I've tried it out before and it adds a nice upper sheen. If you like that one, I'd like to suggest this other free plugin: it's called SlickEQ by TokyoDawn. Many have heard of it...I'm sure you probably have too. It uses Baxandall and Gerzon curves for attenuation and boosting, so it always has a smooth and graceful sound no matter how you turn the knobs.

Another free VST that works well with either of those plugins is A1StereoControl for its MS processing. Why that? Because if you duplicate your track, you can solo out the sides on one track and use the aforementioned plugins to enhance the "air" on it, then mix that back in whilst you pull back on the sides of the other track. This is essentially parallel processing for the sides. Anyway. You can get really creative with this idea. Just something to add to this post.
Jonathan Shepherd
KVRist

293 posts since 28 Jan, 2003

Postby Jonathan Shepherd; Tue May 24, 2016 4:39 am Re: Fine Cut Bodies: La Petite Excite - Free exciter plugin

This thing sounds pretty solid and smooth on both high and low. Great job! And thanks Mathematics for the advice, I'll be looking up A1 and figuring out some new ways---
Krakatau
KVRAF

5336 posts since 24 May, 2002, from Bobo-dioulasso\BF__Geneva/CH

Postby Krakatau; Tue May 24, 2016 6:04 am Re: Fine Cut Bodies: La Petite Excite - Free exciter plugin

:tu:

just downloaded and quickly checked it out, ... very effective !
DJErmac
KVRist

318 posts since 25 Apr, 2009, from Fr

Postby DJErmac; Tue May 24, 2016 6:08 pm Re: Fine Cut Bodies: La Petite Excite - Free exciter plugin

I think they tried to use french words, and they came very close : with an extra "e" at the end, it means roughly "the little horny girl". Very good exciter indeed.
www.youtube.com/ErmacFrance
(at the moment I'm having fun remixing Sonic The Hedgehog songs again)
pheeleep
KVRAF

2889 posts since 11 Jun, 2003

Postby pheeleep; Tue May 24, 2016 6:22 pm Re: Fine Cut Bodies: La Petite Excite - Free exciter plugin

DJErmac wrote:I think they tried to use french words, and they came very close : with an extra "e" at the end, it means roughly "the little horny girl". Very good exciter indeed.

That is correct French actually except for the word "excite" taken out of context (it's a verb, not a noun). "La petite" is correct. "Excite" is to get excited, not horny (though it can also mean horny you naughty mind).

The little excited.. He.. Why not :)

Ha I see what you mean "la petite excitee". Lol ;)
Play it by ear
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects