What Could I Have Done Better, Mixing tips.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So here's a remix I made of Danny Darko's Hurricane.
This the first time that i steam out a track and try to mix and master a song myself, I am satisfied with the mix that I have and really think I have done all that I can do myself but i'd like to learn more, I know that there is so much more that can be done to get a cleaner and better mix.
So I ask what did I miss? what could I have done better? is it wide enough? Bassy enough? to much Low end?...and so on.

https://soundcloud.com/heimiringi/danny ... and-heimir

the mix sounds a little too bright to me a quick frequency analysis confirms this... you got a valley around the 1khz that could be brought up as well... the low end looks good.

in the analysis, the thin red line is an average from a busy part of your song. the yellow line is the ideal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thank you for the replay Layzer, i'll look into that high end and experiment with it, check if i can get better results, another thing that i struggled with was how wide different synths should be and how wide i could push them. any particular plugin that's better then other? i've heard that many use the ozone imager to get sounds wide in the mix.

Return to “Music Cafe”