"Jeg Har Lyst Til" (Deep Trance: uptempo melancholic trance with deep house vibe)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First new work in quite a long time. Put together something kinda moody/melancholic with a deep house feel but uptempo with a dubby acid trance feel. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/djmaytag/du-har-lyst-til

What do you want to do?

I want to smack my pitch up. ;)

My question was because:

Jeg har lyst til = I want to

:wink:

I know. My kiddo keeps telling me that, whenever I tell him that he can't do X, Y, or Z ("but I want to!") It's been his response to EVERYTHING this past week, so I used that... in Norwegian.

This has a really like chilled house vibe to it, if you threw in a couple extra instruments it would fill some of the spaces but the mixing overall sounds on point so keep it up bud!
Never forget where you came from, you'll never know once your gone

https://soundcloud.com/trilltek

THanks. I toyed around with the idea of shifting some sounds down an octave to fill in some space, but felt like it was already busy enough with 2 SEM V's (stabs & 1-note pad), 3 303's (baseline, tweaky-8-bar thing, hi lead), a Jupiter-8V (sparkly pad), and Malstrom (ambient noise.) The space gets filled occasionally with some filter sweeps, and having some open space gave it a roomy vibe I wanted. If not for that, it'd be more standard trance than deep trance. :)

On this one I would try slower tempo and more sparse hi-hat pattern to get more relaxed feel. Otherwise it's very nice song. I loved the pads and stabs, they are really deep and intricate.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Thanks for the comment!

I like the juxtaposition between the chill vibe and it being uptempo (I'm pretty much doing nothing below 140bpm anymore.) Maybe an actual deep house remix at a lower BPM is in order in the future? :)

recursive one wrote:On this one I would try slower tempo and more sparse hi-hat pattern to get more relaxed feel. Otherwise it's very nice song. I loved the pads and stabs, they are really deep and intricate.
DJMaytag wrote:Thanks for the comment!

I like the juxtaposition between the chill vibe and it being uptempo (I'm pretty much doing nothing below 140bpm anymore.) Maybe an actual deep house remix at a lower BPM is in order in the future? :)
Liked!
I wouldn't change a thing.

Effects in the background are clearly clipping from the very beginning.

Otherwise it has nice feel and good dynamics. However, there are no gaps or breaks in the track which makes it very tiring.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Ayorinde wrote:Liked!
I wouldn't change a thing.
Thanks!
DJ Warmonger wrote:Effects in the background are clearly clipping from the very beginning.

Otherwise it has nice feel and good dynamics. However, there are no gaps or breaks in the track which makes it very tiring.
Thanks for checking it out!

Loving the groove. Hope it`s not 'pre-fab'. Don`t feel right giving praises for pre-fab parts.
Love the 'liquid ambient' keys verb.
Very cool. :love:
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Thanks. It's simply a 909 emulation from D16's Drumazon (main drums) and Nithonat (added hi hats), all of which I programmed.

Return to “Music Cafe”