So tired of stupid installation procedures... Native Instruments, Waves, etc.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

These companies aren't worth buying from.

Bought Maschine when it first came out and just bought the Maschine 2.0 update along with Waves H Reverb during these sales. Bought Komplete 8 years ago. I always get the same messages that sh!t can't be installed for various reasons.

Not surprised Maschine 2.0 update is telling me that I have no previous installation found and to run the full product installer first. I already have Maschine version 1.8.2 (the latest before 2.0). I had the same type of crap happen with Komplete instruments. I hardly even use their synths, well mainly their Reaktor type synths like Razor and Skanner Xt even though I like the sound. But there comes a time when enough is enough. So I feel it's warranted to talk as much trash as possible about these companies that make it difficult.

Some people think 'oh you're ignorant for not thinking about the company'. Wtf. I'm a consumer that wants a good experience when I pay them hard earned money. Not more frustration, time and music making lost.

Not really mad about this, because I don't think Native Instruments nor Waves are that great of companies. Nothing really special about them. They just have a lot of hype that people want to buy into. So many other great companies out there that do a great job of making things seamless from buying to using.

People like to give other big companies like Apple crap, but Apple has always made purchasing and actually getting to using their products a painless experience. Not so with Native Instruments and I can see now that Waves has their own 'Waveshell' wrapper plugin (for all their plugins) and seem to fall under the 'problem child' category like NI. So I realize not everyone has the same experience, but you just have to go with what works and helps you.

That´s not even a first world problem, is it?

Sampleconstruct wrote:That´s not even a first world problem, is it?

Nail on head. Cool story OP.

so don't use them, problem solved, move on... :shrug:
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:so don't use them, problem solved, move on... :shrug:
But the OP paid for his products, so no, they should work on his system, or the companies should try to help, or in the least case offer a refund. imho.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:
But the OP paid for his products, so no, they should work on his system, or the companies should try to help, or in the least case offer a refund. imho.

most people would just contact support

this is all I see his problem is "Maschine 2.0 update is telling me that I have no previous installation found and to run the full product installer first"

so he comes to a message board and goes on and on about waves and NI?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

most people would just contact support

this is all I see his problem is "Maschine 2.0 update is telling me that I have no previous installation found and to run the full product installer first"

so he comes to a message board and goes on and on about waves and NI?
I totally agree that contacting NI ( Preferable that posting on NI forums imho ) is the first step to take when having such problems.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

stikygum wrote: Bought Maschine when it first came out and just bought the Maschine 2.0 update along with Waves H Reverb during these sales. Bought Komplete 8 years ago. I always get the same messages that sh!t can't be installed for various reasons.
Not sure if you're on a Windows machine as you mentioned Apple at one point, but did you try the update using "Run as Administrator" ?

I think ni has one of the best systems available.i download my shit.install my shit.activate my shit then use it.its so simple.how could it be easier?
~Pyrotek45

OP didn't realized that maschine 2.x is a standalone install, completely independent from 1.8. While anyone with a slower connection might appreciate an update option, there are also those who are concurrently running 1.8 and 2, or running them on separate machines etc, so there are obviously advantages to separate installers too.

What I find odd is that the one company the OP praises is Apple, which doesn't even offer upgrades for sale, let alone for installing/upgrading the software.

Zero-th world problem?

Never had a problem with NI installers, I think OP has unrealistic expectations about how software should work.
dedication to flying

jsp1979 wrote:
Zero-th world problem?
-∞ problem.

OP's problem is not to install product, but to install updates.

I also got problems installing various updates from NI.

NI should issue some kind of programme that would check installations for possible errors, so one knew what was wrong, and could act upon that info to fix the problem.

I love NI products, but whoever is responsible for their installers should be taken out back and beaten. By default, they dump (most) of their libraries into the root of "Public Documents". This just makes a mess in Windows. I can change the default path, which is much easier to do in Komplete than when installing individual packages, but the updaters often do not remember where I have the libraries installed, causing more problems. I really like the installers that suggest using "Public Documents\Some Library", and when I change the path to "NI Libraries\Some Library", it installs into "NI Libraries\Some Library\Some Library".

At least installation is a single day affair. I then get to use their product for a year until the next Komplete upgrade.

Return to “Instruments”