Alternatives to izotope Alloy/Nectar

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys

I'm looking for a plugin similar to Alloy/Nectar, but with more features, like:
- the possibility to configure all the effects separately for Left-Right and also for Mid-Side
- multi-band processing for all the efects, not just for compressor, exciter, transient shaper
- more effect types: reverb, delay, chorus, tremolo, phaser, etc

the only one i know that is (somehow) capable to do all this, is Meldaproduction's MXXX, but unfortunately it is available only as part of the mTotalbundle (which I think is a very dumb marketing idea)

Cheers

Lol. He said its only like that right now because he has to figure out how he wants to price it. But yeah I don't know of anything besides MXXX

Right, after first reading this, I thought, if you're dismissing Melda but you want every effect under the sun AND in multiband, you're just out of luck. Let's face it, that would be quite unique and Melda is the ticket here.
But, if you're patient enough, this might be of interest: http://kilohearts.com/news/2015-02-20_multipass_teaser
It's not out yet, don't know when either, but I believe it's in beta, so it won't take ages.

BDeep wrote: if you're dismissing Melda....
I dismiss the mTotalBundle because I won't pay 1.000 Euros just so I can have the MXXX plugin (and I really don't need all those 80 plugins).
BDeep wrote:But, if you're patient enough, this might be of interest: http://kilohearts.com/news/2015-02-20_multipass_teaser It's not out yet, don't know when either, but I believe it's in beta, so it won't take ages.
Thanks. I know about kiloHearts Multipass and I'm waiting eagerly to see it released. I hope that will happen soon enough and I also hope it won't be too expensive. It looks very interesting and promising. I'm not sure it can process the left-right/mid-side channels independently, though.

Cheers

The other thing that crossed my mind is the multiband plugin from BlueCat, but then you'd have to load instances of other plugins into that, which kind of takes away some of the immediacy of Alloy and the likes. Which, I guess, was the whole point.

BDeep wrote:The other thing that crossed my mind is the multiband plugin from BlueCat, but then you'd have to load instances of other plugins into that, which kind of takes away some of the immediacy of Alloy and the likes. Which, I guess, was the whole point.
Yes, you're so right. BlueCat's MB7 could be very useful in some cases, but I find its workflow pretty cumbersome. The immediacy of Alloy is indeed what I like the most about it.

Cheers

Another approach if you're a DIY guy is to build a custom MuX module in MuLab using the new 6.5 version in beta now. See:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=440151
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote:Another approach if you're a DIY guy is to build a custom MuX module in MuLab using the new 6.5 version in beta now.
Thanks Michael
Yes, I could go the DIY/modular way and use Mux (or Reaktor, or Ableton's own effects/racks) and it might do the trick, but I would prefer a more "handy"/self-contained solution.

Cheers
Last edited by KTlin on Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

So by MXXX you mean "Pandora box" effect in 1 slot? Patcher can do this.

I suppose you're talking about ImageLine's Patcher. Unfortunately (for me) it can only be used in FL Studio. It's not available as a VST plugin. Also, from what I know, it doesn't do multiband and L-R/M-S processing.

Return to “Effects”