[FR]insert current parameter value

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Automation Tracks- or any for that matter- could really use a way to get the current parameter value into the modulation lane/curve point.
Many vsts do not show their parameter values. Sure, you can always hit record and give it a wriggle, but not only will it hardly get the exact value, nor is it very pleasant or efficient. It would be awesome, if you could somehow get the current parameter value into a curve point, for example.
If that was possible, it would already be awesome!

I would not be surprised, if I somehow missed an existing feature that does that? :neutral:

Researching this...

He would need to query the plugin for each env point in the project to get the value to show up. I think with AU this is less of a problem than for VST (as showcased in Logic, for example), there are differences in standards there, VST doesn't quite support this so it'd have to be quite a hacky solution (I guess workaround is a better word in this case).

I'm talking about the "current value" on a parameter, not what ever else a vst is doing to its parameters, you know. I believe, you're thinking too far, EvilDragon, hehe.
Seems a little weird to me that you couldn't use plugin->getParameter, knowing which parameter is being addressed, since it would be in an automation track, for example, that is dedicated to a specific parameter.
I haven't tried it, yet, because I'm not writing a host, but I'd be shocked, if it would require any work-around to get the current value from a given parameter! :shrug:

Thanks, Jo! I'm sure you'll find a cool solution. [right click menu on a point]:"get current value", or so!

Ok, new update in the pipeline. Pls get ready for some last full steam testing, as i made some last minute changes (just before release, ah, theoretically not good, so extra test power pls) in order to implement a solution for the above case: How to quickly insert an automation point with the current value of a parameter. It was (more or less possible) with MU parameters but there was no real handy way for VST parameters. I think i found a nice solution that also brings a bunch of other advantages...
M6.5.25 update available very soon.

Very cool! I still hope a fairly handy way for VSTs will reveal itself, too, but that's already a great start then!

Well, I'm in the middle of making loads of music, so testing should be no problem at all! 8-)

Should be here in about 45 minutes. Think you gonna like this one ;)

Ps: Oh yes it is definitely also very handy for VSTs.

Ok M6.5.25 is here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6#p6180666

So to get back on topic = How to get a envelope point with a VST parameter value:
With M6.5.25:
* Open VST editor and give a little wiggle to the parameter so it's focused.
* At the top you have that focused parameter.
* You can drag-drop that parameter (or any other) directly onto an automation envelope editor!
That will create a new point with that value.

Alternatively you can right-click the parameter and "Copy As Envelope Point" and paste it in an envelope.

Or another way: Create a new point yourself and use the "Copy/Paste Value" functions.

Many options!

Just brilliant, man, you have such a great style, Jo, I dig that a lot!
Works beautifully! :tu:

Return to “MUTOOLS”