Chordie!!! for $10

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey, all you theory dudes, dudettes, teachers, and other musicos. Just thought I'd introduce you to my app Chordie, which makes it super simple to teach chords to other people via video or teach yourself if you don't know the names of a lot of chords but have tons of keyboard chops! Here's a vid of how I use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFpTvW79g7w

there are a couple youtube videos floating around of other users doing video tutorials with it. If you use the code 'cotd' you can get it for 10 bucks from www.chordieapp.com! it's for windows 7 and mac os x :-) Hope you dig it!

Nice one :)
same thing but for guitar Chords and Scales

Looks like the app Ive been searching for a long time! Especially with all those alternative names. A definite go-buy for me!
Kinda future feature request: what about making it also show which degree of a selected scale the current chord is? Hope I've put it right in eng...

I was looking for something like this last week... I can find chords easily but don't know their names..

That said, it would be such a powerful package if Chordie also did the inverse and had a chord wheel or list of chords and allowed one to click on them which would then show, on the piano roll, what keys to press.

Could be an interesting song writing tool...

In the "chord recognition" on steroids category, along with chord generation on a scale exceeding what any other product is doing quite at this level (i.e. chords in all keys, with extensions, substititions, modes and even custom chord sets from Artists), anyone interested should check out the new "Scaler" from PluginBoutique.

This sets a new standard in helper / learning tools for chords. It even has recognition: play a few notes, a couple chords into it (manually, or from say a MIDI file) and it will detect the most compatible key and mode that is being used!

Well worth the 49 paid for it.
Brian / Clearwater, FL

Return to “Music Theory”