Why doesn't Trash 2 get much love at this price ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys,

Trash 2 is at ~80$, and I believe this is a killer pluggin at this price. When I have a look to many threads, I see often fabfilter, ohmforce etc... mentionned as prefered choice.
Yet I believe that the Trash2 features and sound are simply amazing. To summarize:
- 2 "filter sections" which are true eq with many different filters (clean/Rez/Retro/Staurated, Screaming,Synth,vowel etc... LP/BP/HP). Modules can be // or series. They have graphical modulation (enveloppe: threshold/Attack/release + sidechain, LFO shape/freq/sync). At the end, it is possible to have very complex filtering effect.
This section is by itself excellent.
- the trash section. 2 stages multiband with filter ! A huge list of disto/sat etc... and deep curve shaping
- convolution reverb with many good impulse (including ... guitar amp and cab, or effects, vowels like vocoders etc... different mic etc...).
- multiband dynamic section with sidechain and AG (close to alloy I guess)
- and delay section .... (Tape / Tube / Analog / Lofi / Broken bit / Digital) with host sync and ... trash control, and filter again.

and all usual features like good metering, dry/wet, modules can be swapped and activated or not.

What is your experience and "the bad side" for you ? Why do you prefer others plugins (from fabfiler, ohmforce, soundtoys etc...)) ?

Yo

the bad side for me is iZotope. and I say this as a long-long-long-term owner of iZotope plugins.
They've lost their way as a company - and the timing seems to fit in with the company receiving huge investment from a venture capital fund called ABS Partners (around the last quarter of 2013)

Nowadays, I couldn't buy an iZotope product and expect the same level of service and respect for my custom as I was used to.

Daags wrote:the bad side for me is iZotope. and I say this as a long-long-long-term owner of iZotope plugins.
They've lost their way as a company - and the timing seems to fit in with the company receiving huge investment from a venture capital fund called ABS Partners (around the last quarter of 2013)

Nowadays, I couldn't buy an iZotope product and expect the same level of service and respect for my custom as I was used to.
Same here.

Each part of Trash 2 is great. Just wish the delay had a ping pong mode, it is one of my favorite delays.

Where is it >$80?

the trash section is very good
love it

A few weeks ago I bought Trash2 while on sale over at pluginboutique and this is my second time owning it.

The sum of it's parts easily makes trash a valuable AIO solution for most distortion needs! The ability to design your own types of distortion is great, and with a bit of practice you can coax out some nice subtle tones from it. It also does merciless noise as well if you want to absolutely punish your sounds, which is great if you need sonic mayhem.

Furthermore having a delay, filter, dynamics section and convolution modules on board can easily turn trash into much more than your standard distortion system. I found the convolution engine presets didn't sound that great for realistic cabs or speakers, but for using it as a sound design system it's absolutely great.

I think a lot of thought went into designing Trash, and it's not really just "another" multi-band distortion plugin. It truly is a swiss army knife for creative distortion and saturation. So like most Izotope plugins you are getting a lot of value for your money, and in the case of these current sales you are making a no-brainer purchase in my opinion.

Personally I am not too concerned right now in regards to the direction Izotope is headed as a company because their current product line up is great. I must say I am glad they stopped releasing novelty plugins though, because i felt that just was not a good fit for them or their overall vision of releasing powerful swiss army knife style plugins.

However right now I am quite happy with my Izotope products and would wholeheartedly recommend them to people at these prices, as you are getting a genuine bargain.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

aMUSEd wrote:Where is it >$80?
Almost everywhere. Izotope dropped the retail price for it. Time+space, Pluginboutique, Jrrshop, etc. You get the two expansions for free as well.

http://www.timespace.com/product/TRASH2 ... ad%29.html?

75 Euros (pre-VAT) here for example. Euro price is cheaper for non-Vat folks.

Here's JRR's for $84 (in cart): https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-trash-2

V0RT3X wrote:Personally I am not too concerned right now in regards to the direction Izotope is headed as a company because their current product line up is great.
Until they perhaps release Trash 3 with lesser functions, like the latest Ozone version 6, for example, or any other idea that degrades the long term investment in their products, like the idea to make the consumer pay extra for RX4 fixes as separate plugins instead of for example updating the very expensive advanced version of the plugin in the first place, http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=438380

The worlds not fair.

Unfortunately, we just have to do make do with the best situations in any given moment. If Izotope brings out Trash 3 with cut down features then i'll weigh my options and see if it's even worth purchasing or not.

I'll just stick to what works for me and my needs.

I don't really want to talk about how i think an established company should run their business though as this is not my field of expertise. I'll let the other "pros" chime in on that. ;)

Trash 2 is great, probably the waveshaper with the most precise control around, in combination with the onboard multiband danymics section it's a swiss army knife for waveshaping/distortion. I don't care so much about the rest although the vocal filter has a really unique sound too, the convolution unit only allows for IRs up to a certain length/size so I never really use it and there are many better options available.

Trash 2 for $85 is a total no brainer, grabbed it at that price myself a while back and havn't regretted it one bit even though I have Decapitator and Quadrafuzz 2 in Cubase...

Its great for extreme/creative distortion, don't like it as much for warm/analog/tube type sounds but it definitely has its place.

Who cares if Izotope ruin it in V3? You will still have V2 for that price is well worth it and already one of the most capable and flexible distortion plugins...
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Voice303 wrote: Who cares if Izotope ruin it in V3? You will still have V2 for that price is well worth it and already one of the most capable and flexible distortion plugins...
Because then you won´t get any more updates for V2 in the future. If you buy Trash V2 it will maybe last for a couple of years, then if you´ll change OS, as anybody has to do sooner or later, you will have to rely on what Izotope has chosen to put in Trash V3, a cut down version of V2 or not.

You´re basically stuck with a pretty expensive software subscription that you will have to pay updates for regularly. Most consumers don´t think ahead, I guess, but again others would want to know if the company you invest your money in for the long haul is worth it. My longterm experience with Izotope says it is not.

iZotope is a fantastic company with great products. A vocal minority of embittered and resentful people won't change that.

careyletendre wrote:iZotope is a fantastic company with great products. A vocal minority of embittered and resentful people won't change that.

+1

Return to “Effects”