Bliss sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

Hi! My question is: how can we consider this sampler? Maybe "experimental" and "unusual"? :help:
I do electronic music and I'd really like having not a traditional sampler but something "creative and crazy"....
I also love (good-sounding) lo-fi attitude...and deep modulations too. :phones:
I will try the demo tomorrow (still xp here) but I' m curious to know your kvr-arian opinion ;-)
And sorry for bad english....
:tu:

pc2000 wrote: If you sampled the way you mentioned, your sound would play back the same way every time with no variation, because it's baked in as a recording.
Yes, exactly. And effects would be applied to each note individually because they would be automated by pitch.

I tried this yesterday and I had some problems. First I tried in in IL mini host modular and which had problems. Bliss loaded other soft synths, but there was some sampling rate problem. The audio coming from the soft synth sounds like it had a ring modulator on it. Later I tried in in Sonar 2015 and that was better. Everything sounded fine, but when I tried to sample a vst it crashed sonar. I tried 3 times with different vsts and the same thing happened each time. Any help would be appreciated. The features of this sampler seem amazing, so if really like to get it working.

AgiKvr wrote:Hi! My question is: how can we consider this sampler? Maybe "experimental" and "unusual"? :help:
I do electronic music and I'd really like having not a traditional sampler but something "creative and crazy"....
I also love (good-sounding) lo-fi attitude...and deep modulations too. :phones:
I will try the demo tomorrow (still xp here) but I' m curious to know your kvr-arian opinion ;-)
And sorry for bad english....
The sound is excellent, mundane soundfonts really come to life,
and high quality soundfonts and sfz files all the more so.
Using linux, sampling presets from Discovery Pro and Zebra was
simple and effective. Their massive preset collections hold many jewels,
that over time could be mined and refined with bliss.
Using Bliss :wink:

arkmabat wrote:So is Highlife open source again now? Or gone for good?
Gone forever. Open and closed source.
glokraw wrote:
George wrote: And good news for Linux users
Always like more good news! Which distro(s) do you use for creation/testing?

Maybe relabel the linux download icon to binary, instead of debian,
since it's not a .deb
Cheers
We placed Debian because of Ubuntu our Linux system of choice, but yes, something more relevant should be placed.
brok landers wrote:hey george, sounds really promising... finally a pro version of highlife!
a question on the waveeditor:
will there be useradjustable crossfades with useradjustable curves, from invers exponential over linear up to equal power? that would be the instant buy...
Crossfade loop has a fader, isn't that enough?

Just want to check if the loading of EXS files is meant to be working in Beta 2. I can't get any of my EXS files to work (Logic's or third party). By the way, I'm up for a theme contest.
Last edited by Calum on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Calum wrote:Just want to check if the loading of EXS files is meant to be working in Beta 2. I can't get any of my EXS files to work (Logic's or third party). By the way, I'm up for a theme contest.
I think EXS had issues yet. Will take a look. Theme contest as soon as documentation is ready :)

So Beta 3 almost here since I got the 7 day warning also the SA ShortBass.sbp from Bliss Sampler Library not working here.

I created the patch, maybe a bug or a missed file
I tested it and works an my bliss beta 2
Do you get an error?
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:I created the patch, maybe a bug or a missed file
I tested it and works an my bliss beta 2
Do you get an error?
When I choose it nothing happened and not showing on Bliss using beta 2 AU on LPX and no error by the way

How does one get the effects and filter to function in Bliss? I'm hearing no changes with them enabled and turned to 100%

Using Windows VST 64 version

VitaminD wrote:How does one get the effects and filter to function in Bliss? I'm hearing no changes with them enabled and turned to 100%

Most of the controls in the performance page are relative to the current zone only. Just right click and drag the knobs to setup the value for all the zones.

VitaminD wrote:How does one get the effects and filter to function in Bliss? I'm hearing no changes with them enabled and turned to 100%

It's pending to do some kind of visual feedback for Global / Zone edit, probably with a Global / Zone indicator near the bank LCD.

Like this: Image

George wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Will you be dropping Highlife when this is up and running?
It's already dropped.
Aloysius wrote::o
George wrote:
arkmabat wrote:So is Highlife open source again now? Or gone for good?
Gone forever. Open and closed source.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”