Reaktor 6 incoming ...? (leaked details / google cache)

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... ent=safari

NI Assistance wrote: Important Notes on Automation IDs of User Ensembles and Blocks in REAKTOR 6

Note: this article assumes you understand the difference in between a Reaktor Instrument and a REAKTOR Ensemble. This is explained in this video from our Knowledge Base.

REAKTOR 6 introduces REAKTOR BLOCKS. This new modular system allows you to build complex REAKTOR Ensembles by combining different Instruments (the 'Blocks') in an easy way. In the REAKTOR structure, REAKTOR Blocks work in the same way that normal REAKTOR Instruments do.

If you want to automate parameters of an Ensemble you have created yourself - be it by using normal REAKTOR Instruments or by using REAKTOR Blocks - you should understand how the automation IDs are defined in this modular environment. Each Instrument (or 'Block') can have a certain amount of parameters that can be automated from your host sequencer via so-called Automation IDs. An Automation ID provides a link from your host sequencer to a particular parameter in a REAKTOR Instrument.

When loaded in a host sequencer, each REAKTOR plug-in instance uses a unique list of global automation IDs. All IDs contained in this global automation ID list are shared in between the Instruments (or 'Blocks') of this Ensemble.

Every time you add an Instrument (or 'Block') to build your Ensemble, REAKTOR will automatically add Automation IDs, corresponding to the Instrument's (or 'Block's') automatable parameters, to this global automation ID list.

When starting to build an Ensemble from scratch, the first Instrument (or 'Block') you add will receive the first free ID numbers available in this list. The second instrument will receive the next free ID numbers, and so on.

As long as you add Instruments (or 'Blocks') to your Ensemble, the order of the global IDs will remain consistent, the new global IDs being simply added to the global automation ID list in ascending order. You can also move around existing Instruments (or 'Blocks') within your Ensemble without affecting the consistency of the global automation ID list.

However, if you have already drawn the automations in your host sequencer, a problem can arise when you delete an Instrument from the Ensemble. In this case, the global automation IDs list will be changed. When removing an Instrument from within an Ensemble its Automation IDs are also removed from the global list leaving a gap. Reaktor automatically moves the automation IDs of the Instruments in the lower range of the list up to fill that gap. When this happens, the Automation IDs used by your host sequencer to control a particular parameter within an Instrument will control a different parameter of a different Instrument (or no parameter at all), corresponding to the previous entry in the global automation ID list.

As a consequence, it is important to keep in mind that once you have drawn your automations for an instance of the REAKTOR plug-in in your host sequencer, you must not remove any Instruments (or 'Blocks') from your Ensemble. This would result in wrong parameters being controlled by the automation lanes fo your host sequencer.

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

link dead

dave

Fake.. It would've been bloks

:P

stillshaded wrote:Fake.. It would've been bloks

as in 'never mind the...' ?

whyterabbyt wrote:
stillshaded wrote:Fake.. It would've been bloks

as in 'never mind the...' ?
...here's the (version) six pistel
Sweet child in time...

I'm gonna be looking forward to the automation ID thing, because i often like patching together various ensembles and stuff and then automating the controls. Sounds like they are making it quicker for people who like using automation..
:borg:

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Yay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwlzB5AG_D0

http://www.native-instruments.com/de/pr ... reaktor-6/ (http://www.native-instruments.com/de/products/komplete/synths/reaktor-6/)
It's a strange thing, when you realize that you still have the ability to surprise your self... Makes you wonder, what else you can do...

Ooooh.

WHAT’S NEW
REAKTOR 6 makes advanced sonic experimentation more accessible than ever. Primary and Core Macro libraries are refined for ease of use with new categories and intuitive folder structure. Workflows are now more efficient thanks to a modernized interface, improved structure editing, and a revised property and navigation. Plus, new features like Table Framework, Bundles, and Scoped Buses unlock a new level of power to REAKTOR builders.

INTRODUCING BLOCKS
Blocks is a new framework that turns REAKTOR 6 into a fully-equipped, rack-style modular synth. Over 30 Blocks – including oscillators, filters, effects, modulators, and sequencers – come with REAKTOR 6. Among these Blocks are components from acclaimed NI synths such as ROUNDS and MONARK – all you need to start creating elaborate modular synth patches.
INTRODUCING BLOCKS
Blocks are the new rack-style framework in REAKTOR 6. Experience the speed and limitless flexibility of modular patching combined with all the benefits of working in the digital domain. Get total recall of complex rack creations. Load as many instances of oscillators, filters, VCAs, LFOs and sequencers as you need. Plus, discover the latest content as new Blocks and Blocks patches are built and shared by the REAKTOR community.
POWER DEVELOPER FEATURES
Three key additions extend REAKTOR's workflow efficiency and sampling power at the Core level. The Table Framework feature allows flexible and efficient data sharing throughout REAKTOR, including from Primary to Core levels. This opens up new possibilities for building custom sampler engines. Bundled wires are like multicore cables, making intra-level patching cleaner and more elegant. Scoped buses allow 'wireless' connectivity across multiple structure levels

MAJOR LIBRARY REVISIONS
Both Primary and Core Macro libraries have been re-organized for ease of use with new categories and more intuitive folder structures. This makes prototyping and instrument building workflows more efficient. The Core library macros have been re-written for improved sound quality and more efficient use of CPU, letting you build more complex devices that sound better than ever. The library is also extended to include new anti-aliased oscillators, ZDF filters, envelopes, LFOs, effects, and sampler macros that make use of the Table Framework.
MODERN INTERFACE
Numerous interface improvements give builders increased readability and optimized use of screen space. Curved and colored anti-aliased wires allow builders to quickly differentiate wire and port types visually. There are also numerous builder workflow enhancements including improved structure editing, and a revised property and navigation pane.

Seems suspens is over ... 8)

:x :hihi: Upgrading is more expensive than what I paid for the full version

The full version is only 200$, not bad. As the upgrade costs me 100$, and I bought 5 for 100$, it's like I'm just buying 6 now. :)

I have a problem though, I use windows vista and the service center seems to only work on windows 7 or later?
How can I even upgrade!?

You can upgrade using Vista but you need to trick yr system as per the procedure at the bottom of this page :

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ll.211119/

Thanks I've seen that before, it's a hassle for me but it looks like the only solution. But I still don't know if 6 will even work with vista either. Suppose I have to demo it first.

Current NI stuff no longer works on Vista. Sure, you can install it using various ways, but all their current stuff is compiled with a current visual studio and you get kernel call not available kind of error messages ...

Return to “Modular Synthesis”