Reaktor 6 block based synth better than most

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reaktor 6 block based synth are better than most of the commercial synths I have bought over the years...
The more I play with the block based 'modular' synths the more I realise what special instruments (modular!) they are in their own right-

'Quadrapolis' - seriously some of the nicest patches I have heard from a VST- one key heaven! 4 step sequencers running and modular madness, love this....

Cant wait to see what other make- I just used the 4 voice polly module to make a 4 voice Monark :D
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

How many polyphonic monark ensembles are on the userlib right now :hihi:

There's nothing really special about the block based synths, other than the inclusion of the Monark filter/oscillator modules. What is true though is that there are a lot of really weak Reaktor synths in the library. Reaktor sounds as good as most commercial plugins, but, you have to choose the right macros/core cells within Reaktor.

Don't get me wrong, I like block for what it is, but soundwise, I don't think that it's really groundbreaking.

SLiC wrote:
Cant wait to see what other make- I just used the 4 voice polly module to make a 4 voice Monark :D
Me too - (using the Poly ensemble in the user lib as a template) sounds lovely

Can one combine reaktor instruments like Prism with blocks?

gaf_thit wrote:Can one combine reaktor instruments like Prism with blocks?
Of course. I say that because it's kind of a funny question, why wouldn't you be able to? Blocks are nothing more than either a monophonic instrument or an effect. Even the envelope generators and sequencers are, in essence, monophonic instruments, their output is audio.

So, you can take prism, and drive it polyphonically with midi, or your daw, and feed it through a sequenced effect chain, including modulated filters, with blocks.

Blocks aren't special really. They're just Reaktor instruments, full stop.

ghettosynth wrote:
Of course. I say that because it's kind of a funny question, why wouldn't you be able to?
Only been using reaktor player and haven't been able to find examples of reaktor-powered instruments used that way.

Thank you very much for your answer.

gaf_thit wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Of course. I say that because it's kind of a funny question, why wouldn't you be able to?
Only been using reaktor player and haven't been able to find examples of reaktor-powered instruments used that way.
There's probably not a lot of reason to use it that way for most people. Blocks are attracting a different set of customers to Reaktor I think.
Thank you very much for your answer.
You're welcome, don't hesitate to ask more specific questions.

I just wanna know how they changed that god awful default synth design. Not interested in the blocks but the way they look, and the knobs replacing that awful default...and that spectral graph.

Easilyn wrote:I just wanna know how they changed that god awful default synth design. Not interested in the blocks but the way they look, and the knobs replacing that awful default...and that spectral graph.
You can change the default knob look in the knob's properties. Go to View-->Style-->Image. You have to supply a single image with "frames" for the knob's appearance, which is really just a very tall image file with a defined height for each frame. Then as you rotate through the values, Reaktor will select the appropriate "slice" of the image to display. You can generate knobs with the tool here:

http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/knobman.html

I recreated the knobs from Ableton (see attached files), and it looks really slick. Tons better than the Reaktor default.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by loneboat on Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Since I'm new here I just got a message saying that my links aren't going to function until I've made at least 5 posts. :-(

So this is post 4.

And here's post #5. ;-) Now you can view the files I posted above.

loneboat wrote:Since I'm new here I just got a message saying that my links aren't going to function until I've made at least 5 posts. :-(

So this is post 4.
Seems an exception was made, because I could see your link and attachment just fine on postcount 4. I guess the mods okayed them or it was just in my mind

I feel like I opened pandora's box by acquiring Reaktor. It's so full of possibilities I will have a hard time justifying getting another vsti synth to myself... In a while or more... Maybe... I have to dig into it

Post 5 looking good there. Congrats

Hic... Doubleposted

I believe whats special about blocks is that all the inputs and output signals are audio rate.
Which is why CPU usage is much higher and why its able to interface with hardware kit via CV.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Modular Synthesis”