Komplete Ultimate not so Komplete anymore!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

The Native Instruments SYMPHONY SERIES is a new, premium line of high-end tools created to be truly professional scoring instruments, delivering maximum in quality, variety and flexibility. This growing range of top-of-the-line products define a new benchmark for highly-innovative orchestral instruments and will not be included in KOMPLETE or KOMPLETE ULTIMATE. But if you already own KOMPLETE or KOMPLETE ULTIMATE, you can save up to 50% with crossgrade pricing on any current or future SYMPHONY SERIES instrument.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

So basically any new product that defines a new benchmark will NOT be included from now on? Sweet. Komplete indeed.

Makes good sense to list it under Komplete on their website then..

Maybe they will add a new edition?: Komplete Ultimate Pro

Or if the orchestral stuff is unique they could call it Komplete Koncerto. :D

I'll get me coat...

I am pretty miffed as I just bought ultimate on the basis that future upgrades would include everything g (they always have), it is a bad move by NI I think, it will just confuse people.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Maybe they should rename their product InKomplete?

Adding this might drive up the price of Komplete though. It's got plenty in it right now, so I don't think it's a big deal to not add this.
Sweet child in time...

The ludicrous nature of the "Komplete" title just continues to grow ever more obvious. It was wrong from the first second that NI thought about different levels of completeness.

But then, what else do you expect from a species of animals (humans) where a cult can use words like "evidence", "proof", and "truth" when talking about topics that are devoid of such things on the most fundamental of levels (as in "made up nonsense")...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

How about calling it: Komplete Coitus Interruptus

Don't worry I've already called the taxi :clown:

Komplete Penultimate Sans Symphony...

In fairness, it's a product that's been created in collaboration with Soundiron ... so not as straightforward to simply add to an existing Native Instruments bundle. Although one could reasonably speculate that the crossgrade pricing is NI forgoing their cut of the proceeds.
I mean, it's possible of course to include 3rd party products in Komplete/Ultimate, as they've done it with the Softtube stuff, but one can't assume it's just easy peasy straightforward. It's certainly just as possible that Soundiron don't agree to proposed terms or percentages, etc.

also worth considering that this policy of the product not being included in Komplete/Ultimate applies simply to the current itteration. Which tends to be the way with new products anyway ... so I'd hold back on the belly aching and semantic scrutiny until at least seeing if it's not included in the next Komplete/Ultimate.

Jace-BeOS wrote:The ludicrous nature of the "Komplete" title just continues to grow ever more obvious. It was wrong from the first second that NI thought about different levels of completeness.

But then, what else do you expect from a species of animals (humans) where a cult can use words like "evidence", "proof", and "truth" when talking about topics that are devoid of such things on the most fundamental of levels (as in "made up nonsense")...
You must be wonderful at parties. :party: :P

Jace-BeOS wrote:But then, what else do you expect from a species of animals (humans) where a cult can use words like "evidence", "proof", and "truth" when talking about topics that are devoid of such things on the most fundamental of levels (as in "made up nonsense")...
You should study Thomas Aquinas. You wouldn't make such bigoted, wrong assertions.

Although I'm sure there are plenty of perfectly good reasons not to include these new products in Komplete (such as wanting to make more money), it does point the absurdity of the Komplete brand. I've been buying Komplete Ultimate for the past two years because, well, the other version was no longer Komplete. Its pretty insulting to us as customers to claim that they're selling us everything when in fact they aren't.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Jace-BeOS wrote:But then, what else do you expect from a species of animals (humans) where a cult can use words like "evidence", "proof", and "truth" when talking about topics that are devoid of such things on the most fundamental of levels (as in "made up nonsense")...
Oh, them puny humans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1ysoohV_zA

Return to “Instruments”