Extreme Phaser plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks

For phaser effect, I currently only use the one coming with my DAW (Ableton Live), I like it but I'm sure there are other ones more extreme and more unique. Something that you really can push the enveloppe and make everything sounds artificial and in a resonant tube with rich extreme feedback & sweeps.

So far I've check Melda Mphaser. I like the sound, very rich and resonant but the complex GUI is killing my workflow big time.

Any other recommandations maybe? (OS X please) :)

Thanks for your time!

Is this for guitar or synths or drums, etc. There are a few out there that work best for the application that you have in mind :ud:

spacekid wrote:Is this for guitar or synths or drums, etc. There are a few out there that work best for the application that you have in mind :ud:
Oh, yeah good point!

Mostly sound design, special fx, experimental & strange sounds. That kind of stuff. That's why I'm looking for an ''extreme'' phaser effect that can deeply effect and transform the harmonics of the sounds.

Stillwell's Oligarc is the only software phaser I've ever liked - very rich and thick sounding indeed.

http://www.stillwellaudio.com/plugins/oligarc/
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:Stillwell's Oligarc is the only software phaser I've ever liked - very rich and thick sounding indeed.

http://www.stillwellaudio.com/plugins/oligarc/
Trying that one against my PSP's / Nitro and various ones.. I'm mostly invested in guitar effects though so I may not be much help.

Nothing is touching Bigrock from Artsacoustic.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=323659
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Nothing is touching Bigrock from Artsacoustic.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=323659
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

Phazzzzzze Missssstressss

Neon Breath wrote:Hi folks

For phaser effect, I currently only use the one coming with my DAW (Ableton Live), I like it but I'm sure there are other ones more extreme and more unique. Something that you really can push the enveloppe and make everything sounds artificial and in a resonant tube with rich extreme feedback & sweeps.

So far I've check Melda Mphaser. I like the sound, very rich and resonant but the complex GUI is killing my workflow big time.

Any other recommandations maybe? (OS X please) :)

Thanks for your time!
I combine phasers with modulated resonant filters to get that extra something, Abletons will do fine
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Decent phasers are surprisingly rare. Melda's one is good but, as has been said, the GUI is not to everyone's liking.

I've recently discovered D16 Fazortan which sounds really good and full of character. From what I've demoed, the one in Uhbik is pretty sweet too.

Off put them in series with different settings and modulations
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Big Rock by AA is excellent.

As is this one - Oligarc Phaser by Schwa:

It's the only phaser that I've so far been able to get sounds literally swirling out of the monitor / speakers etc around the room, changing directions inside-out, upside-down, and left-right at the same time.
(This is achieved by timely switching between mono-stereo, and adjusting the level of effect etc - seems to work best on bass sounds and sustained notes, maybe unsurprisingly).

A bit like a rollercoaster full of bulging dough is in my forehead!

Though it's only available as part of a bundle Uhbik-P might be the thing for this with from 14 and up to 42 allpassfilters. From a "Sound on Sound" review from january 2010:
Browsing through the presets, I was surprised at just how resonant the 42‑stage phaser could be! In many cases, this phaser can take on the qualities of a resonator and give you all manner of 'tuned pipe' sounds; as was the case with the reverb, some of the presets are actually a little distracting, as I feel that most users wouldn't use these kinds of extreme settings too often. I actually got results which were much more usable, to my ears, with the 14‑stage and occasionally the 28‑stage settings, but kudos to designer Urs Heckmann for including the 42‑stage option!
How the GUI looks, should be straightforward enough I hope :wink:
Uhbik-P.jpg
Usermanual and demoversion straight from u-he: https://www.u-he.com/cms/uhbik
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Doug1978 wrote:As is this one - Oligarc Phaser by Schwa:

It's the only phaser that I've so far been able to get sounds literally swirling out of the monitor / speakers etc around the room, changing directions inside-out, upside-down, and left-right at the same time.
(This is achieved by timely switching between mono-stereo, and adjusting the level of effect etc - seems to work best on bass sounds and sustained notes, maybe unsurprisingly).

A bit like a rollercoaster full of bulging dough is in my forehead!
Exactly! It's the only time I've ever gotten the same 3d 'feeling' as listening to classic hardware phasers.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Return to “Effects”