Can Aalto MPE be used with Bitwig 8 track 1.2?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone,
I've loaded Aalto (set to standard midi mode) into an instrument track in Bitwig and it works with the Linnstrument. However, when I switch Aalto to midi MPE I get no sound. What am I missing?

I do get beautiful MDE with Bitwigs internal instruments and the Linn so I know everything is working properly

Thanks so much in advance for any help!!
Paul

Someone mentioned that Bitwig does not pass on the channel information to 3rd party plug-ins, but I don't know if that's true. Please contact Bitwig and if you learn anything, please post the information here.

I was told (by dom@bitwig) this is because Aalto did not support the canDo operation on the VST.
However, today, Madrona Labs released Kaivo with MPE support, which does have the canDo operation,
and BWS still doesnt work...
Ive posted this here, so hopefully tomorrow BW can take a look.

I have also tested Kaivo 1.2 and it does not work in MPE mode. TTB I posted on the other thread so hopefully we will hear something soon.

This is solved in 1.3.2 - Right-Click the VST Device and select "Force MPE Mode" - works beautifully then.
The problem basically is, that the "standard" isn't really a standard yet... ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Return to “Roger Linn Design”