News from fxpansion >GEIST 2<

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Geist

Well, after getting deep into Geist a few days ago... I hope Geist2 has a pianoroll with midi-outputs.. This thing can be a serious production tool on a touch laptop..

And maybe Ableton, Bitwig and Fl studio can learn something from Geist snapshot (scene) thingy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHb1hmCOUCE

using tremor today just jamming and making kits. it's so easy/fast to get interesting things going with tremor. would love it if geist had same feel.

dayjob wrote:using tremor today just jamming and making kits. it's so easy/fast to get interesting things going with tremor. would love it if geist had same feel.
I'd happily pay the price of Tremor if they made a Geist extension that added Tremor to Geist.

pdxindy wrote:
dayjob wrote:using tremor today just jamming and making kits. it's so easy/fast to get interesting things going with tremor. would love it if geist had same feel.
I'd happily pay the price of Tremor if they made a Geist extension that added Tremor to Geist.

i have similar thoughts about elektron octatrack. met one of the elektron guys a while ago and told him when using the octatrack i always have a moment where i stop and say "i wish there was a monomachine in here".

i think it broke part of his feels. :D

Oh I hope it doesn't look like that. I much prefer having the pads, patterns and swing at the bottom. Its a rhythm box/drum machine with sampling functions, not a sampler with a step sequencer. Yes the transmod system will be an absolute killer, and I do hope we get more control over the envelopes, but please don't make it look like that. Its as if the worst parts of Ableton have just been rammed down Geist's throat.

Ookkkk so I jumped the gun. Everything is fine. Its fine. :)

I found the FXPansion forum on the FXPansion website and the updated pics within and I now can't wait. I've had Geist for a year and a half and am only just now unlocking its full power. I just wish I could control the three oh three filter with some kind of envelope... oh, hello Geist 2 :)

pdxindy wrote:

Something like this..

Well... No piano-roll is a bummer for me...

All I want to do is play my 'DAW' like this kid... DAW 2.0
Off to Guitar Center.. :clap: :love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeBiicWJesQ

Rajah wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

Something like this..

Well... No piano-roll is a bummer for me...

All I want to do is play my 'DAW' like this kid... DAW 2.0
Off to Guitar Center.. :clap: :love:
That is what I have Push for!

Is that some synthesis in Geist 2???

pdxindy wrote:
Actually, It seems like the 'polyrhythm' Seq thing... I own Tremor and wished that I could add my own samples to it..

Rajah wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Actually, It seems like the 'polyrhythm' Seq thing... I own Tremor and wished that I could add my own samples to it..
Yeah... that is already confirmed that each lane can have its own length...

Off topic, but I bought both Cinematic Drums and Dark Matter expansions recently, highly recommended.

And greatly looking forward to the update (and hopefully the Taiko expansion hint hint!).

Geist is terrific.
Ha ha suck it!

A couple of comments on Geist 2, seeing as the devs are looking at this thread:

1. It's really important that drag and drop will still be possible. It's a great workflow to sketch out in the pattern sequencer and then move out to the Daw once ready for sequencing across the track.

This isn't possible in Tremor because of the ability to make different pattern lengths for different drums. This made it less useful, and actually I'd rather sacrifice this ability in Tremor to be able to drag and drop from it.

So, if you are to introduce the different pattern lengths in Geist, please don't sacrifice drag and drop. At the very least, just have a toggle to switch of the pattern length feature and preserve drag and drop. (And please can this be introduced for Tremor?)

2. Will expansion support NI's NKS? It would be sublime to use Geist in Maschine with a well implemented mapping structure.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Toby Pearce wrote:A couple of comments on Geist 2, seeing as the devs are looking at this thread:

1. It's really important that drag and drop will still be possible. It's a great workflow to sketch out in the pattern sequencer and then move out to the Daw once ready for sequencing across the track.

This isn't possible in Tremor because of the ability to make different pattern lengths for different drums. This made it less useful, and actually I'd rather sacrifice this ability in Tremor to be able to drag and drop from it.

So, if you are to introduce the different pattern lengths in Geist, please don't sacrifice drag and drop...
+1
On the contrary, drag-and-drop (and other midi export/import) should develop what we see in Geist1 today.

Toby Pearce wrote:A couple of comments on Geist 2, seeing as the devs are looking at this thread:

So, if you are to introduce the different pattern lengths in Geist, please don't sacrifice drag and drop. At the very least, just have a toggle to switch of the pattern length feature and preserve drag and drop. (And please can this be introduced for Tremor?)
Have no fear. :tu:
2. Will expansion support NI's NKS? It would be sublime to use Geist in Maschine with a well implemented mapping structure.
No idea about that at this stage.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Amberience wrote:
No idea about that at this stage.
Please try to het a real quality mapping for Geist 2 and Maschine Studio, and MkII. I realise it might take a lot of work, but there are a lot of people that would love to use Geist with the Maschine hardware in a tightly integrated manner.

Return to “Instruments”